The Partick Thistle thread

From Stirling Albion Chairman; 

"Although still to be formally ratified, I am confident that our SPFL2 programme will commence mid-October, with the Betfred Cup a likely prelude, kicking off at the beginning of the month. This being the case, pre-season training will start at the beginning of September." 

An October start, really looks likely now, which is good. 

Edited by JagsCG

From Stirling Albion Chairman; 
"Although still to be formally ratified, I am confident that our SPFL2 programme will commence mid-October, with the Betfred Cup a likely prelude, kicking off at the beginning of the month. This being the case, pre-season training will start at the beginning of September." 
An October start, really looks likely now, which is good. 

Sounding more positive. Fans at Firhill then perhaps as well.

On 27/06/2020 at 21:30, third lanark said:

To be fair based on Banzos form the last couple of years he should not be a guaranteed starter and I’d say Murdoch right now is an upgrade.  One of mccalls faults I felt last season was being too loyal to Banzo and O Ware when they had put in bad performances, for some reason he viewed them as unstoppable when they deserved to be dropped at times.

I’d be delighted with Murdoch, obviously played with Docherty before too, but unfortunately I doubt it will happen 

More likely to sign Pc Murdoch

I personally don’t remember following Clydebank at Firhill but I suppose if you want to imagine that was who you were playing back then in their diamond strip you are quite entitled to do so, 

Edited by Xanadu2112

38 minutes ago, Xanadu2112 said:

I personally don’t remember following Clydebank at Firhill but I suppose if you want to imagine that was who you were playing back then in their diamond strip you are quire entitled to do so, 

The club you watched in the 80s and 90s went bankrupt in 2002.  Airdrieonians FC was liquidated, like Glasgow Rangers and Gretna, with debts of over £3 million. Your new club was called Clydebank. After the takeover, the owners moved it Airdrie and changed the name to Airdrie United. You seem to be deluded, like the Sevconian idiots in Govan, that Airdrieonians is the same club that died in 2002.  

In the same way, Wimbledon was taken over, moved to Milton Keynes and renamed MK Dons. Their fans chose to form a new club. However, they are honest and don't pretend that it's the same club that won the FA Cup in 1988. In the same way, Gretna 2008 supporters don't pretend that it's the same club that played in the SPL.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

The club you watched in the 80s and 90s went bankrupt in 2002.  Airdrieonians FC was liquidated, like Glasgow Rangers and Gretna, with debts of over £3 million. Your new club was called Clydebank. After the takeover, the owners moved it Airdrie and changed the name to Airdrie United. You seem to be deluded, like the Sevconian idiots in Govan, that Airdrieonians is the same club that died in 2002.  
In the same way, Wimbledon was taken over, moved to Milton Keynes and renamed MK Dons. Their fans chose to form a new club. However, they are honest and don't pretend that it's the same club that won the FA Cup in 1988. In the same way, Gretna 2008 supporters don't pretend that it's the same club that played in the SPL.

Shut up. You sound like a Celtic da on Twitter.

However, they are honest and don't pretend that it's the same club

I don't think I've ever heard an Airdrie fan suggest it's the same club that went bust. I presume emotionally they look upon it as the same club they've always followed but never seem to go full Sevco.

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Bishop Briggs: you do realise this patter just makes us look like absolute spanners when Thistle inevitably shit the bed against whatever they’re called in the forthcoming season, right?

With the likes of McCall, Archibald, Bannigan and O'Ware at the club, we will definitely shit the bed on numerous occasions. 

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

f**k off you arrogant twat!

You are an ever bigger bellend than Ad Lib.

Tries to put a fan of a divisional rival down, calls them deluded and an idiot.

Then has the absolute brass neck to call other supporters of his own club arrogant.

Jeezo.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tries to put a fan of a divisional rival down, calls them deluded and an idiot.

Then has the absolute brass neck to call other supporters of his own club arrogant.

Jeezo.

That's rich coming from you.

Obviously nothing better to do than troll on this thread.