The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

Not really improving at all, after the window...

Oct - 3 PTS from 12
Nov - 4 PTS from 12
Dec - 9 PTS from 12
Jan - 2 PTS from 12
Feb/Mar - 3 PTS from 12

Including the game in September he took 24 points from 63 available.

No, I said I felt we were slowly improving before lockdown, in the last 3 games,  our performances were definitely improving, not points though,  by start of March, compared to January & February, performances were improving, although nowhere near as much as they should have been, our performance merited at least 7 points out of 9, and yet we ended up chasing Dunfermline. Our inability to actually put the ball into the net, despite the fact we dominated 2/3 games, ,didn't help us at all. We should have been picking up much more points with the performances, but should haves don't really help us now, considering we sat bottom when the league was halted, 1 goal in any of those last 3 games, would see us be 9th right now. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It will be a straight fight between Falkirk and Thistle.
I really don’t get this assumption that Cove are going to be title challengers.

It's because they have strong cash backing I think. 

19 hours ago, JagsCG said:

No, I said I felt we were slowly improving before lockdown, in the last 3 games,  our performances were definitely improving, not points though,  by start of March, compared to January & February, performances were improving, although nowhere near as much as they should have been, our performance merited at least 7 points out of 9, and yet we ended up chasing Dunfermline. Our inability to actually put the ball into the net, despite the fact we dominated 2/3 games, ,didn't help us at all. We should have been picking up much more points with the performances, but should haves don't really help us now, considering we sat bottom when the league was halted, 1 goal in any of those last 3 games, would see us be 9th right now. 

Every team has its & buts, not just Thistle. 

49 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Exactly, I just said as much. It means absolutely nothing now. 

Not meaning to keep this going directly with yourself, but if I've picked you up right, it's exactly this belief that, I think, is one of the biggest problems in our fanbase. 

We are absolutely desperate to move on, forgive and forget the continued Shambolic state our club has declined into for the last 3 years. 

Every time we move on, as "the past means nothing", or "there's nothing we can do about it now", accountability is glossed over and forgiven. 

Abject failure has drowned our club from Boardroom to pitch so many times recently, but as a fanbase we seem to be ridiculously forgiving, infact I'd say we fall over ourselves to provide excuses for those failures rather than hold those in control to account. 

Edited by dave.j

8 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Not meaning to keep this going directly with yourself, but if I've picked you up right, it's exactly this belief that, I think, is one of the biggest problems in our fanbase. 

We are absolutely desperate to move on, forgive and forget the continued Shambolic state our club has declined into for the last 3 years. 

Every time we move on, as "the past means nothing", or "there's nothing we can do about it now", accountability is glossed over and forgiven. 

Abject failure has drowned our club from Boardroom to pitch so many times recently, but as a fanbase we seem to be ridiculously forgiving, infact I'd say we fall over ourselves to provide excuses for those failures rather than hold those in control to account. 

This.

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

100% Probably, far too forgiving. Same could be said for fans of a lot of clubs though, too. 

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

Spot on. At the last Q&A session (which I believe was about the proposed fan ownership model), there were a couple of questions about the leadership at the club and the current failings, and these critical questions were met with a majority of tuts, murmurs and head shaking.

It’s bad enough if you’ve got spineless wasters on the pitch, but what chance have you got if the mentality of many of the fans is similar? I remember one of our “prominent” fans saying he’d back Alan Archibald to remain as manager even if we were relegated to the 4th tier of Scottish football. It’s gutless, pathetic and gormless shite like that which is why the likes of Low (with justification) feel that they can walk all over the fans.

47 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Nope and Sportsound had no inside info. Both clubs appear to be raging over the letter. Pretty sure there will be a leak about it’s contents before too long!

The Record or The Sun will have the letter leaked to them, and on the back pages tomorrow morning, no doubt. 

43 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Looks like Hearts and Thistle throwing yet another petty tantrum.

Not sure anyone can make a judgement either way, until everyone has seen the letter, unless, Have you seen it? 

13 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Not sure anyone can make a judgement either way, until everyone has seen the letter, unless, Have you seen it? 

There is no good reason for the two clubs to be commenting in public on a letter which isn’t in the public domain without explaining what, in substance, they are objecting to.

There is nothing inherently suspect about Doncaster writing to the member clubs in connection with a pending legal case.

The clubs should either have said what they thought was misleading and why it was wrong, or they should have kept their mouths shut and left it for the courtroom.

Having done neither it looks like a tantrum, whatever the substance of the letter.