The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Certainly looks like a neutral party anyway.

_38059852_davidwinniehearts300.jpg

Doesn’t make him a Hearts fan because he had a less than memorable spell at Tynecastle. 
Maybe he is biased, who knows, but they aren’t many other sports lawyers who have spoken about this yet. 

9 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I will be amazed if Doncaster hasn’t phoned round all the clubs and warned them of the consequences for every club,  of losing this case. If he hasn’t, he is not doing his job.  The fact that people, more in the know than anyone on this site,  are saying it’s 50/50, should be sending alarm bells ringing very loudly!!

Doncaster will have been making plenty phone calls I imagine. He doesn’t want this to go to court anymore than Hearts/Thistle do. The best thing for all parties is an out of court settlement. Be that compensation (maybe unlikely as clubs are skint at the moment and I don’t think he’s got a pot of gold) or some sort of forced reconstruction. 

15 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Even if chance of success is only 30%, it’s a big risk for SPFL. Financial award of £5m would be really tough on clubs and easily wipe out the losses under reconstruction.

It would wipe out quite a few clubs as well!

18 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Even if chance of success is only 30%, it’s a big risk for SPFL. Financial award of £5m would be really tough on clubs and easily wipe out the losses under reconstruction.

I wouldn't put the prospects of success (on the legal argument they're actually making as opposed to a request for simple resolution annulment) as high as 30%.

I also would put below 5% the probability of a damages award even remotely in the ballpark of £5 million.

I wouldn't put the prospects of success (on the legal argument they're actually making as opposed to a request for simple resolution annulment) as high as 30%.
I also would put below 5% the probability of a damages award even remotely in the ballpark of £5 million.

There will be different views on the likelihood of success, but no certainty. Lawyers advising the SPFL will certainly want to discuss whether they can afford to lose.

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Did anyone ever make X-Files jokes when your goalkeeping options were Fox/Scully or have I hit upon a golden bit of patter about 5 years too late?

They were more Taggart tbh. Murder at Firhill every other week.

Edited by Ad Lib

14 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Did anyone ever make X-Files jokes when your goalkeeping options were Fox/Scully or have I hit upon a golden bit of patter about 5 years too late?

Probably would have been funny if it was Mulder and not Fox. So no not really. 

On 21/06/2020 at 18:11, RandomGuy. said:

Do you mean the Hearts fan who went on the radio and admitted he wasn't the correct type of lawyer to really know?

He also said it was "no more" than 50-50 rather than being 50-50.

33 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I'm guessing they had until today to lodge a Notice Of Intention To Defend. The court has then made an order for written defences to be lodged. Again, I'm guessing that all parties agreed to the shortening of the time required to lodge detailed defences, due to the desire to have this dealt with urgently.