The Partick Thistle thread

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Partick fans - "WE COULDV'E FINISHED 9TH AND AVOIDED RELEGATION BECAUSE WE'D HAVE BEEN OUT THE AUTOMATIC RELEGATION SPOTS"

Also Partick fans - "WHY WERE BRECHIN NOT RELEGATED DESPITE NOT BEING IN AN AUTOMATIC RELEGATION SPOT"

I've never said we could have finished 9th. 

4 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

No as half as me when your both chucked out league and need to re-apply.emoji1739.png

Your lot will be the first to bite the dust if we are awarded compo. . Financially, sounds  like Wee Bully are down to BFH (Bus Fare Home)

9 hours ago, dave.j said:

I've never said we could have finished 9th. 

Sorry, you were thick enough to ask why a team outwith an automatic relegation spot didnt get relegated while those in automatic relegation spots were, so I was just guessing your logic.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sorry, you were thick enough to ask why a team outwith an automatic relegation spot didnt get relegated while those in automatic relegation spots were, so I was just guessing your logic.

That was stupid of you. 

19 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Anyone got any idea where we've plucked the £2million owed from?

Our arses.

19 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

My guess is that would be about 2-3 times our playing wage budget for next season. Surely there is no chance of us getting that?!

Our turnover in 2018-19 was only £3 million.

32 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Anyone got any idea where we've plucked the £2million owed from?

My guess is that would be about 2-3 times our playing wage budget for next season. Surely there is no chance of us getting that?!

With McCall's signings and new deals, the wage budget for next season will probably be considerably more than £1 million. The UK Government's furlough scheme will only cover part of the big earners' wages.

If the start of new season is postponed for a few months, the club will incur significant losses. If League One is mothballed or has a  much shorter season, the  consequences could be catastrophic. At this point, it's hard to know how much the club can or should claim. 

13 hours ago, dave.j said:

The pandemic didn't decide points per game. The pandemic didn't decide to finish the season early. The pandemic didn't decide there had to be relegation for 3 teams but not for the worst team in Scotland. 

Not sure why Brechin have been treated differently from the other clubs ?

Also somebody earlier mentioned the league in Northern Ireland is reviewing things. Difference is their clubs had an appetite for fairness and to give a decent period to review things.

In Scotland the clubs wanted the league positions decided ASAP for some reason. And look at the mess now !!

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Not sure why Brechin have been treated differently from the other clubs ?

Also somebody earlier mentioned the league in Northern Ireland is reviewing things. Difference is their clubs had an appetite for fairness and to give a decent period to review things.

In Scotland the clubs wanted the league positions decided ASAP for some reason. And look at the mess now !!

Brechin haven't been treated differently.  Hearts, Partick and Stranraer finished the season in an automatic relegation position.   Brechin didn't - they finished in a position that lead to a relegation play off.  No other club finishing in a relegation playoff position has been treated any differently to how Brechin have, since the playoffs can't take place.