The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Let’s not kid on that John Nelms is some kind of Saint. He will be a hero of your nearest rivals though, considering his vote helped promote them. From what I read, most Dundee fans don’t even like him, why pretend different? He’s probably the most untrustworthy man in the game. 

You've not read very much then.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

An expression of speech from a guy that's not a native compared with Low coming out with the Partick Thistle version of, 'You sink us and we'll sink you'. Jeezo.

"Put our foot on the ball and pause"

This is not going well for you.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

You've not read very much then.

Untrue, I’ve read loads of Dundee fans during and after the Good Friday vote say he was embarrassing. And to be fair to the Dundee fans, they weren’t wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

"Put our foot on the ball and pause"

This is not going well for you.

It's going very well. You've resorted to repeating the same line over and over. Put your head above the parapet of this thread and you'll see that.

I came on this thread to state that Low has embarrassed herself with her statement and a bunch of rattled Partick fans have said, 'BuT JoHn NeLmS!!!!!!'

It's Junior league standard posting at its finest. Didn't expect you to be one of them, right enough.

ETA: I think my point has just been made for me again with the post above. Deary me.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's going very well. You've resorted to repeating the same line over and over. Put your head above the parapet of this thread and you'll see that.

I came on this thread to state that Low has embarrassed herself with her statement and a bunch of rattled Partick fans have said, 'BuT JoHn NeLmS!!!!!!'

It's Junior league standard posting at its finest. Didn't expect you to be one of them, right enough.

That can’t be true, no way are fans of Championship clubs that obsessed over the junior league forums. 

Pretty much aye.
For all that vote debacle, he managed to somehow come out of the whole thing looking less incompetent and less moronic than Budge & Low.

This from the same fans that accepted Ron Dixon, the Marr’s, and Calum Melville as being competent. Until they weren’t.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not upset at all. Posting on a football forum thread open for all doesn't mean I'm upset. The closer you're getting to the Junior League forum the more you are acting like those that post there.

Nelms has only had a bad word put against him by Scot Gardiner - The man he sacked for incompetence and the man that the Championship unified against in the vote. Nelms has came out of this unscathed other than from fans of clubs that feel they've been negatively impacted and the usual roasters in the Dundee support that have never been happy with Americans running the club.

Nelms hasn’t only had a bad word put in about him by Gardner.  No one other than Dundee fans will ever trust a word the guys says about anything.  People might well say the same about Gardner too but the fact your saying Nelms has completely come out of it unscathed is delusional nonsense, as no one other than the Dundee fans will ever trust him again and if it’s because Gardner lies then it’s a shame but the damage has been done and the reality still the same - Nelms will not be trusted by anyone in football again 

Edited by third lanark

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm not upset at all. Posting on a football forum thread open for all doesn't mean I'm upset. The closer you're getting to the Junior League forum the more you are acting like those that post there.

Nelms has only had a bad word put against him by Scot Gardiner - The man he sacked for incompetence and the man that the Championship unified against in the vote. Nelms has came out of this unscathed other than from fans of clubs that feel they've been negatively impacted and the usual roasters in the Dundee support that have never been happy with Americans running the club.

Unscathed? Even you can’t believe that surely 

1 minute ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

This from the same fans that accepted Ron Dixon, the Marr’s, and Calum Melville as being competent. Until they weren’t.

7 years of owning the club and underwritten every single debt the club has had. I think we can safely say that Keyes' family ownership can never be filed alongside the previous incumbents.

Just now, third lanark said:

Nelms hasn’t only had a bad word put in about him by Gardner.  No one other than Dundee fans will ever trust a word the guys says about anything.  People might well say the same about Gardner too but the fact your saying Nelms has completely come out of it unscathed is delusional nonsense, as no one other than the Dundee fans will ever trust him again 

You're making things up now.

Really didn't realise the Partick Thistle fans would become so rattled so I'll stop here.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

ETA: I think my point has just been made for me again with the post above. Deary me.

For any of this to be true we'd need to care enough to defend Jacqui Low when near enough to a man most would have her our the door today if they could. Is it not the tiniest bit possible that you've overreacted here leaping to the defence of John Nelms rather than Thistle fans being so rattled about you commenting on someone they don't even like themselves?

Edited by Pie Of The Month

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you have evidence of the contrary? Or are you taking Scot Gardiner's word for it because it suits your agenda?

Do you think Low has done a good job here? Fucking hell.

The evidence is in the published What's App exchanges between the directors and  officials of Dundee, ICT and PTFC. Take a look at what Eric Drysdale wrote.

Gerry Britton, our CEO and qualified lawyer, has no say in how the club is run? Britton has been a key player in the battle against the SPFL's disgraceful behaviour throughout this corrupt shambles.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's Junior league standard posting at its finest. Didn't expect you to be one of them, right enough

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

7 years of owning the club and underwritten every single debt the club has had. I think we can safely say that Keyes' family ownership can never be filed alongside the previous incumbents.

You're making things up now.

Really didn't realise the Partick Thistle fans would become so rattled so I'll stop here.

Not making anything up Nelms won’t be trusted by anyone outside of Dundee and even some Dees supporters seem to have their doubts.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

For any of this to be true we'd need to care enough to defend Jacqui Low when near enough to a man most would have her our the door today if they could. Is it not the tiniest bit possible that you've overreacted here leaping to the defence of John Nelms rather than Thistle fans being so rattled about you commenting on someone they don't even like themselves?

I said I was done, but this is a reasonable retort. The answer is no, it's not possible. Nelms had nothing to do with the point of discussion. I commented on Low and instantly your fellow Jags came out swiping for Nelms.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

The evidence is in the published What's App exchanges between the directors and  officials of Dundee, ICT and PTFC. Take a look at what Eric Drysdale wrote.

Gerry Britton, our CEO and qualified lawyer, has no say in how the club is run? Britton has been a key player in the battle against the SPFL's disgraceful behaviour throughout this corrupt shambles.

Leaked WhatsApp messages from Scot Gardiner...

And on that, I truly am done this time!

40 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

No one thinks Jacqui Low has ever done a good job at anything.

But... f**k me... she's never released a Club statement saying "It was then that we decided to put our foot on the ball and pause".

That's proper weapon and beast amalgamation territory.

Nah, Low just puts out statements, and then completely contradicts them 24hrs later while simultaneously admitting shes been bribed into dragging Partick into a court case.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Leaked WhatsApp messages from Scot Gardiner...

And on that, I truly am done this time!

The old "shoot the messenger" deflection. The messages were genuine.

It must be tough being exposed as a seething obsessive on another club's thread. 😂

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, Low just puts out statements, and then completely contradicts them 24hrs later while simultaneously admitting shes been bribed into dragging Partick into a court case.

We know our chairman is a pure riddy.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd say theres a fair chance you get financial compensation, especially with the seaside season being delayed/shortened.

Although since you've aligned with Budge, she would likely reject it unless Hearts themselves get compensation too.

One of my more serious posts on this website:

It would be very interesting to see what the actual case against the SPFL is, obviously only a select few will actually know just now.  With absolutely no knowledge of that and just witnessing what has been reported it's hard to see where the SPFL have wronged both parties.  Unless, of course, Hearts & Partick Thistle know something that we do not. 

The court will also be very careful with deciding to award compensation in regards to setting a precedent of relegated team's suing the league body every season across all Scottish sport, that itself might make it tough. 

If both are proved to be right in taking the action then good on them for doing so and fighting for what's right. 

I did think the final sentace of the statement was crass, Partick would have voted for an 11 team championship if it meant they stayed up, which is fine.  Everyone went into all of the votes with their own self-interest in mind, it doesn't just become others doing it when you don't get your own way. 

Edited by itzdrk