The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Think he does at least try, far more than Dario. Also seemed capable of some goals. Though banzo and oware were worse than him last season. Though they both seem to be staying 

33 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Gordon, might be a passenger at times, but he tried a lot more than Zanatta ever did. Gordon doesn’t work as a CM,  because he can’t defend or even keep possession well, but, he’d be much better in behind the striker, and for his lack of game time this season, he’s scored a fair amount of goals. Wouldn’t be devastated  if he left, wouldn’t mind if he stayed, play to his strengths and he’ll be good. 

46 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Our central midfield of Bannigan, Docherty and Niang certainly lacks creativity. Gordon might be a good option off the bench if we need a goal, but hes an absolute passenger at all other times.

Doesn't try very hard, if at all.

He hides and is usually the 1st to go MIA when there's a hint of the going getting tough, and most importantly...he's pish.

51 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Doesn't try very hard, if at all.

He hides and is usually the 1st to go MIA when there's a hint of the going getting tough, and most importantly...he's pish.

He has a habit of games passing him by, but he does score goals, and I think further up the pitch, he'd be a far better player, he doesn't work in the Centre-Midfield area, because, he can't defend, or keep possession well, his quality is being in behind the striker, and making late runs into the box. He showed his quality of doing that in a Cup game last season, might have been against Clyde, where he scored a couple. 

True. But if the rumours of leagues one and two not starting until Jan or not happening next season at all, then anyone remotely decent will be signed unless you go down the loan route
You maybe correct but if there is a cpl of championship teams that don't want to play without fans due to financial reasons it wouldn't surprise me if ourselves and possibly Falkirk take these positions so the fixtures can be forfilled

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Zanatta and Cardle at East End next season imo

Seriously unlucky for them then. 

If Cardle, had Zanatta’s ability and Zanatta had Cardle’s desire and willingness. 

You’d have a good player. But they don’t. 

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Alex Dyer is going to come off his weekend lockdown binge with a blank memory and a b*****d of a hangover.

"f**k, hope I didn't embarrass myself"

"Well, Alex, you signed Scott Fox and claimed to the media that the move would help his Scotland squad prospects"

"f**k....pass the whisky"

In my opinion Zanatta was our most disappointing signing last season. Having seen him play for Alloa against us a couple of times I thought he was the sort of player with the ability take defences apart, create chances for others and bang a number of goals in while he was at it. I still think he's a talented football player but his timidity and lack of courage made him a passenger all too often.

I was delighted when we signed Zanatta...😑

Obvious areas for recruitment are: creative central midfielder, full-back, wingers/attacking midfielders, centre back.

Sneddon

Williamson - O'Ware - Brownlie - Penrice

Niang

Docherty - Bannigan

Lyons

Graham - Rudden

Scullion, Renfrew, Rodden, Watson, Gordon, Mansell

1 minute ago, Walter said:

In my opinion Zanatta was our most disappointing signing last season. Having seen him play for Alloa against us a couple of times I thought he was the sort of player with the ability take defences apart, create chances for others and bang a number of goals in while he was at it. I still think he's a talented football player but his timidity and lack of courage made him a passenger all too often.

The ability is there but the inconsistency overshadows it

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Obvious areas for recruitment are: creative central midfielder, full-back, wingers/attacking midfielders, centre back.

Sneddon

Niang

Docherty - Bannigan

Lyons

Graham - Rudden

Have to wait and see with a few of these players regarding if they are off. On paper that squad looks good with a few additions needed

33 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Sneddon

Niang

Docherty - Bannigan

Lyons

Graham - Rudden

Out of that side, Williamson, O'Ware,Penrice and Bannigan can GTF.