The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Did Graham not pretty much get us a goal in every game he played, bar Dundee United game? Also showed far more fight than most of the others put together IMO

After he signed, every game in the league in which we scored, (bar Dundee United) he scored in it. 

So it was a case of, Thistle scores, Graham Scores. 

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

English Church League then? 

Jack Storer has been playing in the National League North for Mickleover, and now Leamington, over the last year.

That's probably Mansell's level too. Like Storer, he'd need a pay-off to terminate his contract.

Graham strikes me as being the sort who could be a bit of a Mark Roberts for us given where we are and the state we're in. Knows goal, plenty experience, bit of fight and playing at a level below his ability still.

Not fussed about Rudden. Thought that whole arrangement was very peculiar.

Mansell will, I predict, not be playing Scottish football next season.

15 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Graham strikes me as being the sort who could be a bit of a Mark Roberts for us given where we are and the state we're in. Knows goal, plenty experience, bit of fight and playing at a level below his ability still.

Not fussed about Rudden. Thought that whole arrangement was very peculiar.

Mansell will, I predict, not be playing Scottish football next season.

What arrangement? Us signing him and Rangers having a significant sell-on clause? It’s absolutely standard practice in lots of transfers. 

I think Rudden will absolutely blow away the First division next season (20+ goals), if I'm wrong I won't renew my season ticket for the following season that's how confident I am, if he stays injury free that is.

36 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

What arrangement? Us signing him and Rangers having a significant sell-on clause? It’s absolutely standard practice in lots of transfers. 

No. The fact that they had a buy-back clause when he's nothing special. Very odd.

8 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

No. The fact that they had a buy-back clause when he's nothing special. Very odd.

Plenty of clubs do the same just in case they turn out to be decent. Barcelona had one with Celtic for Marc Crosas when their midfield was Xavi and Iniesta so I don't think it's too odd for Rangers to do the same.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Plenty of clubs do the same just in case they turn out to be decent. Barcelona had one with Celtic for Marc Crosas when their midfield was Xavi and Iniesta so I don't think it's too odd for Rangers to do the same.

I think it's weird that Rangers think it's worth bothering.

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

I think it's weird that Rangers think it's worth bothering.

Rudden was fairly highly rated at their youth level, understandably so. That’s why they have a buy back clause. Doesn’t mean they’ll use it. 

It's a bit odd but it.makes sense from their point when you think about it. Rudden has a Shakland/Nisbet-esque season in the championship, attracts interest from down south, Rangers buy the player back for an already set fee then sell him immediately for profit.

13 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Rudden was fairly highly rated at their youth level, understandably so. That’s why they have a buy back clause. Doesn’t mean they’ll use it. 

Maybe theyy are thinking along the Ross McCormack lines. Bet they'd have taken him back on the cheap after his Motherwell spell

19 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Maybe theyy are thinking along the Ross McCormack lines. Bet they'd have taken him back on the cheap after his Motherwell spell

Yeah probably, it’s simply for precautions. I believe they have did the same with the young RB they sold to Ayr recently. It must just be how they work things. 

15 hours ago, ALJAGS76 said:

I know we are, traditionally, quite late to release our strips but is it normally in June? Nephew's birthday next week but he could wait a couple of weeks to get the strip.

We are always one of the last to release kits. Hopefully within the next few weeks we’ll have it though. I’ve got high hopes for O’Neills. 

23 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Yeah probably, it’s simply for precautions. I believe they have did the same with the young RB they sold to Ayr recently. It must just be how they work things. 

My thoughts exactly. For once it makes good business sense by sevco. Even if we have to sell rudden again in a year or two back to them a) he'll obviously have done us a massive turn, b) we'll make some money and c) we'll be seen as a good club for youth prospects to develop. If not, we took an educated gamble and lost.