The Partick Thistle thread

More folk in this thread totally not getting the Pars love-in with Joe Cardle.
Who could honestly give two fucks if he’s finished at this level or not? Besides the obvious crisis making Scottish football completely irrelevant, I’ve seen countless diddies and mercenaries collect money from the club over the years. At least I know this one does care about pulling on the jersey and seeing him play at EEP gives me a nice jolt of nostalgia.
What am I thinking though? Bring on the hordes of shite English loanees and lower league dross...

Aye

I’d probably still pay to watch Ryan Stevenson struggle to move around the Somerset pitch and get nowhere near the ball but then just rattle a goal in from 40 yards.

1 minute ago, Smurph said:

PAT CLARKE IS 35 WTF

2 cracking seasons for Clarke. 1 at Cowdenbeath where he finished with 17 goals and the 2nd with Clyde where he was 3rd (?) top scorer behind Dobbie & Griffiths. He signed for Dundee and then was mediocre from then till the end of his career which ended before he was 30. Sad times.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

2 cracking seasons for Clarke. 1 at Cowdenbeath where he finished with 17 goals and the 2nd with Clyde where he was 3rd (?) top scorer behind Dobbie & Griffiths. He signed for Dundee and then was mediocre from then till the end of his career which ended before he was 30. Sad times.

We put a full-match 4-4 draw with Dunfermline up on Youtube a few weeks back. It's hard to believe watching that game how much he fell away. Scored a couple of cracking goals, put in a complete centre forward performance. Strange to think that was just about his last quality performance.

9 hours ago, Smurph said:

Ross Forbes on a lifetime contract please

At the level you'll be playing at Forbes is genuinely one of the best players you could sign. Brilliant player.

Duds Army=Dunfermline Athletic. [emoji2]
That's a bit harsh but we'll take Nisbet back.
imagine we'll be looking to punt him so if the Weir millions cam cover it then bash on my friend.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Would take Erskine back. Wouldn’t take Doolan back though.

I think Doolan would be good to have as a backup striker/coach. Him and Erskine also seem to get the best out of each other.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Would take Erskine back. Wouldn’t take Doolan back though.

If Doolan was to be a direct replacement for Alex Jones. I wouldn’t mind having him back, with Graham and Rudden being probably the main strikers. 
Doolan (and Erskine) might even be willing to go Part-Time. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Wonder when the club will update it’s messaging on season tickets (unless I’ve missed something).

Guessing, it’ll depend on the outcome of the SPFL’s chats with this Philanthropist, to see when the leagues will actually begin, and how they’ll begin.