The Partick Thistle thread

15 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

No matter how vehement you are there is no way you will get me to agree that relegating anyone when the league hasn’t been completed is fair.

No matter how much you bleat on and on about this it will not change it. 

Pipe doon, get doon. Roll on GTF day. 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Still ? - it was only yesterday that clubs voted not to proceed.

Almost 1/3 of clubs that voted thought there were some grounds for an independent investigation into the conduct of the SPFL board - a pretty big swing from the 1/5 that voted against the original resolution only a few weeks ago.

Anyway, it’s over with now. We just need to wait until we can get to games again.

You can go back to your jolly wee I am alright jack group and hope that they don’t do the dirty on you some day.

Do you think if Thistle were sitting 9th they would have voted the same way? Get this "I'm ok Jack" bullshit in the bin. You'd have voted to bury the bottom club if it benefitted you as well.

^^^^ This 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Partick Thistle have the exact same attitude. Can't believe anyone would be fooled in to thinking otherwise.

All clubs have been looking out for themselves throughout this. It's either astonishingly naive or stunningly stupid to think otherwise.

^^^^ This

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bullshit

You would’ve done the exact same thing and fucked over the 10th place team.

^^^^ This 

Unfortunately Hearts, Partick Thistle,   Stranraer have got the shitty end of the stick in this situation,  but as others have said these Clubs would have happily voted the same as the majority did if they were out of the relegation places. 

^^^^ This 
Unfortunately Hearts, Partick Thistle,   Stranraer have got the shitty end of the stick in this situation,  but as others have said these Clubs would have happily voted the same as the majority did if they were out of the relegation places. 

That is pure speculation.

Thistle fans think it’s unfair that we were relegated having played a game less than our nearest rival, with 9 games left to play.

Fans of clubs who hate us don’t and think it’s hilarious. 

The end.

Thistle fans think it’s unfair that we were relegated having played a game less than our nearest rival, with 9 games left to play.
The end.
It IS unfair what has happened to Thistle. More so because I expect they'd have overtaken us. It's been a shiter for Thistle of that there is no doubt and I really don't have any ill feelings towards Thistle so I haven't taken any joy from it (other than it not being us). What I do have an issue with is people like jagsfan57 spouting absolute shite like he's doing here. Pretending Thistle have some sort of moral high ground and would never have condemned 10th spot to relegation if they were 9th. Utter drivel.

jagsfan57’s drivel doesn’t represent the majority. Of course we would’ve voted in the best interests of ourselves (which we did in the initial vote), and anything to suggest we’d have done otherwise is nonsense.

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Points per game is also used in seasons when you don't get pandemics which render the further playing of matches impossible.

As you know.

No it isn't.

The final league standings are based on each team playing the others a pre-agreed number of times.

That isn't points per game. That's "points per these specific 36 games" in our division. Nothing more nothing less.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not on the wind up. In fact it must be you who is on the wind up if you believe Partick Thistle are better than Alloa and not deservedly bottom of the table.

I didn't say we were better than Alloa, champ. I said you can't say either way unless and until we play the same teams the same number of times over the course of an entire season on a pre-agreed format.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

The end.

You don't have to hate Thistle to think it's kinda funny.

It is.

13 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

No it isn't.

The final league standings are based on each team playing the others a pre-agreed number of times.

That isn't points per game. That's "points per these specific 36 games" in our division. Nothing more nothing less.

And yet that's not at all possible, so they've come up with something close, for the current extraordinary circumstances.

12 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

I didn't say we were better than Alloa, champ. I said you can't say either way unless and until we play the same teams the same number of times over the course of an entire season on a pre-agreed format.

Calm it with the 'champ' chat dickhead.

I haven't looked, but did Partick Thistle have what would be considered a 'harder' set of games than Alloa when the league was called?

None of this changes the outcome mind. 

Edited by DA Baracus