The Partick Thistle thread

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I've never hoped any team goes out of business and I hope no team is lost due to this virus.

I also think it's an outrage that Thistle are being relegated on an incomplete season.

However, I'd be concerned about your own club having to pay full time contacts to players on championship level wages.

Were your club clever enough to have relegation clauses in players contacts?

As I said, I think we will struggle to survive. But, we wont be the only ones. There will be a swathe of them.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

You have to laugh at the likes of Clyde supporters having their mo.ent in the sun. If, as looks likely, there is no spectators games this year, then the likes of Clyde wont be around to start a new season and league reconstruction will have to happen in some form. I suspect Thistle will struggle to stay afloat, but we probably have a better chance than most of the clubs on the bottom two tiers and a few in the championship.

Came on to repeat my opinion that relegation in this manner isn't right.

However, I forgot what a twat you were, so I'll not bother. 

You have to laugh at the likes of Clyde supporters having their mo.ent in the sun. If, as looks likely, there is no spectators games this year, then the likes of Clyde wont be around to start a new season and league reconstruction will have to happen in some form. I suspect Thistle will struggle to stay afloat, but we probably have a better chance than most of the clubs on the bottom two tiers and a few in the championship.
You keep telling yourself that fatty boom boom

5 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

It’s a strongly worded statement. Few will disagree with its contents.

Really?? I think you should be looking outwith this thread a bit more - and outwith P&B as well, come to that.

5 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Really?? I think you should be looking outwith this thread a bit more - and outwith P&B as well, come to that.

This is a Thistle thread, so yes, few HERE will disagree. 

Why not f**k off to your own one, stalker? 

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Can't wait to pretend I'm boycotting away games when  I can't be fucked going to Airdrie or Dumbarton next season.

I was only planning to go to East Fife as that and Elgin were all I needed for the away ground set. Then I remembered that I haven't been to the new Cove ground. Shoe-in that we go there on the Wednesday night after Xmas. The Joy.

1 hour ago, bad chad said:

This is a Thistle thread, so yes, few HERE will disagree. 

Why not f**k off to your own one, stalker? 

That is quite clearly not what he said though. Hence my post.

“If you can’t be Chad, at least be touchy.......”

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

20 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Bit rich when your club occasionally makes Paul fucking McGowan your captain.

McKinnon is a fucking p***k who tried to break a young lads leg then had a greet in the press because the big bad Dundee fans were saying nasty things about him.

McGowan is a fine gent in comparison.

To summarise...

McGowan; Good guy.

McKinnon; Jakey melt.

A24Q0632A.JPG-846x564.jpg

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

McKinnon is a fucking p***k who tried to break a young lads leg then had a greet in the press because the big bad Dundee fans were saying nasty things about him.

McGowan is a fine gent in comparison.

To summarise...

McGowan; Good guy.

McKinnon; Jakey melt.

A24Q0632A.JPG-846x564.jpg

Agree about McKinnon, but McGowan will 100% spend time in jail within 5 years of retirement.

Edited by Jacky1990

22 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

It’s a strongly worded statement. Few will disagree with its contents. Some will criticise for it not having any outcomes, but I’m genuinely not sure what outcomes are possible now.

The statement has much indignation and anger but there is no mention of further action to fight our disgraceful and unfair relegation. Is it possible for the Championship, League One and League Two to propose an alternative proposal that does not affect the Premiership cabal?

Two leagues of 15 or 16 clubs, could still be created below the Premiership. The 16 club option would result from the promotion of  Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers.  A split could take place after the clubs had played each home and away, i.e. a total of 37 games for the 16 club option. It's not perfect but better IMO than playing each other four times.