The Partick Thistle thread

Let the diddies have their fun. If the likes of Ayr Utd or Morton had been the club to go down, no one would have batted an eyelid. That’s their level.
Looking at the bigger picture, Doncaster looks as though he will probably survive this, again. Scottish football has the leader it deserves.

I agree that we are diddies.
Diddies that followed McCall, near and far, and loved the guy, the team he put together and the football they played.
Diddies that have watched us all being right royally shafted by McCall, and Partick.
Diddies that now watch the bonfire that you built, burn and smoulder to the ground.
IMG_7492.jpg

20 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Let the diddies have their fun. If the likes of Ayr Utd or Morton had been the club to go down, no one would have batted an eyelid. That’s their level.

Looking at the bigger picture, Doncaster looks as though he will probably survive this, again. Scottish football has the leader it deserves.

mrw GIF

29 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Never mind.  A change of scenery and a fresh set of diddies for you next season.  Being in the same league as Clyde, Airdrie and Falkirk surely can't be all bad?

What is 'sporting' about relegating a team that has played fewer games and would not be bottom if they won the game in hand.

I know the situation has to be resolved sometime, but the whole thing stinks. The Dundee fiasco is extremely suspect, who knows how many pieces of silver they have been promised.

I can picture the crooked boards trying to find a way to keep Hearts up too.

If reconstruction happens, we can be sure it will be a dug's dinner.

56 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

😄😄😄 Actually, you’ll find (if you choose to look) that there are two reasons that Pertyck have been the focus of so much attention (and, indeed, hilarity).

The first is that it’s quite unusual for a club relegated the previous season to make quite such a rip-roaring c**t of the job of trying to get back up again.

The second is that even if it were, say Alloa in your position right now (nae offence, Alloa, and I’m glad it isn’t you) there would still be a lot of interest and comment on the perceived unfairness to them of what was the only practical way for football in Scotland to move forward.
Combine these reasons with the similar predicament of a much bigger club than you in the league above and you have the perfect Scottish football storm.

So, simmer down and get used to the idea of being the only, err, “iconic” club (copyright: Ian McColl 🤪) amongst the other diddies in League One. And try not to make such a Falkirk of it this time, eh?

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

44 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be honest, I'm not really.  

Thistle are entitled to feel sore about this.  They've been unfortunate, and we've been bloody lucky.  You'd struggle to find a Queens fan who wasn't convinced we were destined for bottom of the league before all this happened.

However, Thistle's objections here are all to do with their current predicament, and I think it's downright silly to pretend otherwise.

Besides, if you don't understand why it's funny to see a relatively big club getting relegated to somewhere beneath their 'station', then you're missing out on something key about football.

If course it is all about our present predicament, way to go sherlock.

Your last para I agree with. Why you would think otherwise from my post is baffling. 

The unavoidable truth here is that on current positions in the league, f**k all the nonsense of averages and games in hand etc, we are bottom for a reason. We have been pish for 3 years now, we are at the bottom cos we deserve to be. No arguement from most Thistle fans I know.

4 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

What is 'sporting' about relegating a team that has played fewer games and would not be bottom if they won the game in hand.

I know the situation has to be resolved sometime, but the whole thing stinks. The Dundee fiasco is extremely suspect, who knows how many pieces of silver they have been promised.

I can picture the crooked boards trying to find a way to keep Hearts up too.

If reconstruction happens, we can be sure it will be a dug's dinner.

Agree with this. Personally I feel Falkirk and airdrie have been dealt a worst deal than Thistle. Falkirk especially would be many fans favourites to get to the top of the 1st by the end of the season and are now, as it stands punished  with another season in the 1st division. That is financially a worst outcome.

As for reconstruction I think it's a false dawn. Mostly likely they will simply increase the premier to save hearts, possibly increase the championship for a single season which won't include keeping Thistle in the championship, with three relegated from the premier and championship at the end of next season. If we ever get next season started. I'll miss the play offs, very exciting end to a season.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

:lol: Excellent.

It's crazy, Falkirk weren't even in a guaranteed promotion spot but their fans act as if theyve been robbed of it.

15 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😄😄😄 Actually, you’ll find (if you choose to look) that there are two reasons that Pertyck have been the focus of so much attention (and, indeed, hilarity).

The first is that it’s quite unusual for a club relegated the previous season to make quite such a rip-roaring c**t of the job of trying to get back up again.

The second is that even if it were, say Alloa in your position right now (nae offence, Alloa, and I’m glad it isn’t you) there would still be a lot of interest and comment on the perceived unfairness to them of what was the only practical way for football in Scotland to move forward.
Combine these reasons with the similar predicament of a much biget club than you in the league above and you have the perfect Scottish football storm.

So, simmer down and get used to the idea of being the only, err, “iconic” club (copyright: Ian McColl 🤪) amongst the other diddies in League One. And try not to make such a Falkirk of it this time, eh?

We weren't relegated "the previous season".

You can't even spell McCall.

You should really give up posting, tbqh.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

We weren't relegated "the previous season".

You can't even spell McCall.

You should really give up posting, tbqh.

1. True, and my apologies. You’ve made a rip-roaring c**t of the last TWO seasons. Well, season and three-quarters. 😜

2.  Who cares?

3.  Tell you what - I will if you will. Deal?

18 minutes ago, banditjag said:

If course it is all about our present predicament, way to go sherlock.

Sorry, I hadn't realised that you understood that, primarily because in a subsequent post, you mention ICT doing "the right thing".

That suggests strongly to me that you've little grasp of the motivations behind clubs' votes.

59 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Oh good Lord.

You're taking solace in supporting a bigger club than the ones, who DIDN'T get relegated.

Simply marvellous.

18 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

1. True, and my apologies. You’ve made a rip-roaring c**t of the last TWO seasons. Well, season and three-quarters. 😜

2.  Who cares?

3.  Tell you what - I will if you will. Deal?

You really won't find many in opposition of that. 

Soz Ad Lib... 😘

49 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

From a Falkirk fan that’s just had our club ripped apart yet again I find some of the banter really disappointing. For over twenty years we’ve ( most teams out with the current SPL teams) been subjected to continuous rule changing, greed, self interest, cheating etc. From an organisation that has primarily been run via the OF. The top league has been set up to award the top two clubs, with resulting mediocre sums down to the 11/12th clubs. After that the three lower divisions are fed no more than bread and water, absolutely appallingly. 
Yes Falkirk enjoyed a five year stint, but we never felt part of the “society” Thistle probably the same. Queens with all due respect have not been in the top league.

The shame is that once you get the Golden Fleece ticket, any team will tell you from first game of season all budgets all calculated on not being in the bottom two, and it’s get 10th slot or better, such is the riches compared to any other league. It’s gets that bad that you end up bringing in players on high wages that never really turn up, etc. Take the money and worry about the football more often. You effectively loose your morals and become almost one of them.

Anyway like most honest fans would agree, the current last few days have seen our game eclipse even the normal chasms of self preservation and greed normally associated with our game, which is nothing short of scandalous .

To simply call league winners and relegation on teams with a quarter of the season to play is just wrong.  All that’s happened is we’ve now set a rule which they can now roll out to Celtic, and saves face ( well in the eyes of the SPFL) forget the crap about payouts, most teams are set to receive small payments which for most is anything like its being portrayed. 

Until we bring in a professional BOD that have no affiliation to any club either as a member of staff / director / etc  that would be the start. Next would be this ludicrous vote of 11 - 1 which again has been set up to suit the OF. Third and last get reconstruction in place without fail and distribution of the money, based on a more acceptable split.

Finally Thistle hope you go the full hog, and show the respect you got from the teams within Scottish football, sweet FA best of luck !

:lol:

What an absurdly silly post.

"The golden fleece ticket" - tremendous stuff.

Pal, you really don't need to tell me about the horrible, brainless self interest that has governed our game for a long time.  Similarly, you are very much preaching to the converted when highlighting the lop sided nature of our game and the unjust, disgusting deference to the Old Firm.

None of it however alters or even dents my view of this particular situation.  Why would it? 

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Good to see you're taking the relegation well, don't worry i'm sure if you go to Montrose or East Fife away there will be a nice Fish and Chip shop to help cheer you up from being at those lovely grounds.

Ahhhh @Hammer Jag i'll miss you and terrible attempts at trying to hide rage, not that much though. Bye for now, might see you in over a year.

Edited by rb123!

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

From a Falkirk fan that’s just had our club ripped apart yet again I find some of the banter really disappointing. For over twenty years we’ve ( most teams out with the current SPL teams) been subjected to continuous rule changing, greed, self interest, cheating etc. From an organisation that has primarily been run via the OF. The top league has been set up to award the top two clubs, with resulting mediocre sums down to the 11/12th clubs. After that the three lower divisions are fed no more than bread and water, absolutely appallingly. 
Yes Falkirk enjoyed a five year stint, but we never felt part of the “society” Thistle probably the same. Queens with all due respect have not been in the top league.

The shame is that once you get the Golden Fleece ticket, any team will tell you from first game of season all budgets all calculated on not being in the bottom two, and it’s get 10th slot or better, such is the riches compared to any other league. It’s gets that bad that you end up bringing in players on high wages that never really turn up, etc. Take the money and worry about the football more often. You effectively loose your morals and become almost one of them.

Anyway like most honest fans would agree, the current last few days have seen our game eclipse even the normal chasms of self preservation and greed normally associated with our game, which is nothing short of scandalous .

To simply call league winners and relegation on teams with a quarter of the season to play is just wrong.  All that’s happened is we’ve now set a rule which they can now roll out to Celtic, and saves face ( well in the eyes of the SPFL) forget the crap about payouts, most teams are set to receive small payments which for most is anything like its being portrayed. 

Until we bring in a professional BOD that have no affiliation to any club either as a member of staff / director / etc  that would be the start. Next would be this ludicrous vote of 11 - 1 which again has been set up to suit the OF. Third and last get reconstruction in place without fail and distribution of the money, based on a more acceptable split.

Finally Thistle hope you go the full hog, and show the respect you got from the teams within Scottish football, sweet FA best of luck !

How has your club been ripped apart? All I can see is that you've been unlucky in a totally unprecedented situation. There's nothing sinister about it. You just happened to not be top when the global pandemic stopped football. Unless you mean to imply that COVID-19 was designed as some sort of mad conspiracy to deny Falkirk a shot at promotion?

Don't pretend Falkirk are some sort of beacon of morality here. They voted in their own interests, as did every other club. Where were Falkirk's morals over the hiring of Ray McKinnon?

Regarding the bit in bold, Falkirk were so desperate to reach the Premiership that they binned their academy, a big part of their identity as well, to chuck cash at the first team and ended up signing utter diddies, many of whom were presumably on high wages and certainly didn't turn up.

I can see why Falkirk fans were annoyed at past decisions that denied them promotion, and definitely have sympathy there. But you have not been denied promotion here. You've been denied a chance at it, and not because of any garbage elitist rules designed to keep teams out, but simple unprecedented circumstance.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Falkirk fans have short memories, this is the hard luck Falkirk team that were saved from relegation with Airdries demise, fecken suck it up