The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The brain donors from Greenock and Ayrshire are back on Buckie early this evening. 😄

Off you go to the seaside league with a bit of dignity now.

14 minutes ago, third lanark said:

i don’t think Ross Docherty will join us Dow a division, likely to sign a new deal at Somerset park now

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-double-whammy-being-served-21850745

Going by the sounds of this the other day he's still going to you lot, obviously never had a relegation clause in the pre-contract which surprises me.

He'll stroll League 1 for you lot, he has even strolled through some championship games. 

1 hour ago, Midlife Crisis said:

McCall got us in the position we’re in and his January “revolution” was a complete failure. In fact, his management team is a complete failure and if we do go down, he has to lose one of them as we cannot afford to have 2 assistants. Bye Archie.

I agree but, presumably, the management team have lengthy contracts. Unless there are relegation break clauses, the club will have to pay them. 

As the SPFL has relegated us before the end of the season, the relegation clauses could be challenged legally.

We've got 19 players under contract for next season. Most are on Championship deals. We will need to get rid of a few  if relegation is enforced.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I agree but, presumably, the management team have lengthy contracts. Unless there are relegation break clauses, the club will have to pay them. 

As the SPFL has relegated us before the end of the season, the relegation clauses could be challenged legally.

We've got 19 players under contract for next season. Most are on Championship deals. We will need to get rid of a few  if relegation is enforced.

I actually wouldn’t be too gutted if Fox, banzo and oware left 

47 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

What the bit about being 1 point behind Queen of the South when Thistle are actually 2 points behind? That's just sloppy.

Or the tenuous comparison to the US election in 2000? That's utterly random.

2/10 Mr Murray needs to try harder.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Feel free to cancel Doc’s contract.  More than welcome at Somerset.  

Think he burnt the final bridges for us after what he said in the paper the other day, personally i'd take him back but that's certainly not the overwhelming opinion!

Yeah, because the remaining 8 League One sides are going to vote to move themselves into the bottom tier of Scottish football - where they are only 1 Brechinesque season away from footballing oblivion. Cove too, will be delighted to vote themselves back down to playing all the same teams they were playing this year...

Honestly, where do people get this nonsense? The only one that has the slightest chance is the 14-10-10-10 option because there are enough sides who are neutral in that scenario who may be persuaded to vote for it. But even then, the 11-1 voting structure in the Premiership will wipe it out.

The Premiership will vote for anything if it involves more cash for them. That is where the focus will be from this task force. It will be the only way they will vote for it. Bacause there is More cash from Sky it should be possible

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

What the bit about being 1 point behind Queen of the South when Thistle are actually 2 points behind? That's just sloppy.

Or the tenuous comparison to the US election in 2000? That's utterly random.

2/10 Mr Murray needs to try harder.

Yes. Two points behind and with a worse goal difference. Really should get his facts right otherwise it diminishes his point. He's an MP  so I guess the truth is too much  to ask for.

Very harsh decision on you guys but the show must go on.You have 2 very capable league 1 players in Blair Lyons and Big sena who we had on loan.Two very good players we had at Montrose it's a pity we will see them in the same league.

I can be critical of the board at times but I will take my hat off to them if they go through with the legal route and show all the FA's throughout Europe what a shower of crooks the SFA / SPFL all are but I've still got the feeling they will squirm out of this.

I for one won't be going to any away games next season whenever that is but will still show my full support for my club outwith that.
C'mon the jags

4 minutes ago, colliedug said:

I can be critical of the board at times but I will take my hat off to them if they go through with the legal route and show all the FA's throughout Europe what a shower of crooks the SFA / SPFL all are but I've still got the feeling they will squirm out of this.

I for one won't be going to any away games next season whenever that is but will still show my full support for my club outwith that.
C'mon the jags

Thistle only hope is league reconstruction .

Going down the legal route will be very expensive with no guarantee that they will win .

It is harsh to send Thistle down but they have been bottom for a while now I am just glad that Queens managed to get a draw in that midweek game never realised then how crucial it was not to lose that game 

Thistle only hope is league reconstruction .
Going down the legal route will be very expensive with no guarantee that they will win .
It is harsh to send Thistle down but they have been bottom for a while now I am just glad that Queens managed to get a draw in that midweek game never realised then how crucial it was not to lose that game 
I agree with you to certain extent but looking forward, any time the SPFL decide on something which isn't morally correct do we all turn a blind eye and let it go through because they "bribe" you into believing it's right or do we stand up and be counted ???