The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, thenolly said:

Absolutely spot on.

The only thing you missed was our saviour who had been a massive fan all his life, somehow managed to attend Firhill all these years without one fan coming out stating “they went to Firhill with him”, or “I used to see him on the North West bus”  or “here’s a picture of us at the 1991 player of the year dance with George Shaw”

This has been spun to hell and I wonder who the spin doctor is?

It can't have been Jacqui Low. Whoever has spun this has managed to do so fairly effectively, which immediately means she couldn't have done it.

PR guru in her own mind. Couldn't promote smack to a junkie fs.

It appears that our new ticketing system is to be this week's shambles. After the game tonight you have to download an app to get in, the current cards will no longer work but you can pick up a new card by calling the office. 

To get the app you need two emails which absolutely no one seems to have received both of. 

Why change this mid season to cause maximum confusion?

It appears that our new ticketing system is to be this week's shambles. After the game tonight you have to download an app to get in, the current cards will no longer work but you can pick up a new card by calling the office. 
To get the app you need two emails which absolutely no one seems to have received both of. 

Are we getting new cards??

2 hours ago, K77 said:

Wait, what the f**k?  I got some mails for the new ticketing system, but it was just password stuff for me and my Dad's season ticket.  I didn't read it properly, but fairly sure it didn't say "Aye, we're deactivating your card too, bbz x".  

Are we capable of doing anything fucking right?  

Just to confirm, will they work for tonight's game?  I can't go but think my Dad and a couple of others are, and they are almost certainly unaware of this.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/new-ptfc-ticket-system-now-live/

Existing season cards will be accepted for tomorrow night’s game but will need to updated for next week’s clash with Dunfermline Athletic.

I am ok with it the idea of having an app and qr code on your phone to get in but changing it mid season is stupid. It will be a pain for old yins who don’t have smart phones and those who need multiple tickets for families. 

a clusterfuck as usual. 

Edited by K77

I think its the same system we have started using this season which took a while to bed down. Things like emails not being sent, going straight into spam folders, 800 Partick fans turning up at Somerset at five to three without tickets..😁

But aye, the timing of the change seems ludicrous.

5 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I think its the same system we have started using this season which took a while to bed down. Things like emails not being sent, going straight into spam folders, 800 Partick fans turning up at Somerset at five to three without tickets..😁

It is the same system. I've used it twice as an away fan at Somerset - first time was fine, second time I didnt get the confirmation email. To be fair, to the club they responded really quickly and it was sorted out but they did also say it was a general problem and not just me.

I can see why you would trial a new ticket system around this time of the season but switching wholesale does seem crazy

I believe we switched wholesale because of the Celtic game in January where the old ticketing company the club used were blamed for selling tickets for seats which didn't exist to Celtic fans and part of the club statement about it was about finding a new ticketing provider. 

At least we now have a PR expert on the board for when the inevitable shambles happens at the Dunfermline game. 

I think we need to recognise that Banzo is finished at this level. We cannot build a team around a guy that plays the negative pass half a second too late. Barjonas is also not the answer, Brownlee and O’Ware are at best average in the lower half of this league. Shea Gordon anonymous when he came on.

The number of times we were crying out for someone to support Robson on the overlap was ridiculous. O’Connor has no pace and Zanatta was anonymous.

On 03/03/2020 at 09:38, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

As said above guys , you will have lots of teething issues , someone at club is going to be very busy sorting them out as I know through a tough experience when Ayr launched , the biggest issue is for fans who don’t have seasons and the home and away fans waiting to get to ground before buying a hard copy ticket , once seasons set up it really is simple ( until a cup game comes up ) at Ayr approx 30/40% of the  total crowd still buy at ground , even though it is more convenient to buy online , can’t see it being any different at Thistle 

Edited by Robbo63

On 28/02/2020 at 20:38, Ad Lib said:

March: no shares are sold

April: discussions are ongoing as to the best vehicle and structure of fan ownership

May: clearly we are disappointed that the Club has been relegated and we will be conducting a thorough review of how to restructure it in light of League One football

August: as trustees of Colin Weir’s estate we think this needs to #BeDoneRight

October: regrettably we were unable to agree a corporate structure and the transfer will not be going ahead. TBC will be looking for exciting new business opportunities to support the manager in the winter transfer window to take the club back to where it rightfully belongs

Basically how i felt after reading the statement. 
#Nostradamus

That was an Archibald line up - set up not to lose and not to do anything positive. Totally negative and defensive. 
Sounds like McCall in his early days with us, trying to steady the ship. Difference is he was working with a much smaller budget.