The Partick Thistle thread

An all too depressing inevitability about this. Paul Goodwin and Co been awfully quiet lately. Would be nice if the working group members could actually come out and tell us why they think this is a positive, progressive, necessary step. I await the complete silence or the token puff piece statement along the lines of what Dave j said

10 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

An all too depressing inevitability about this. Paul Goodwin and Co been awfully quiet lately. Would be nice if the working group members could actually come out and tell us why they think this is a positive, progressive, necessary step. I await the complete silence or the token puff piece statement along the lines of what Dave j said

The Working Group have no links to the interim board. Other than Johnny Penman was part of TFE before joining the interim board. I'd be more impressed if they stated this distaste.

This is yet more proof that our club is in freefall, an utter shambles behind the scenes, jlow the clown is never ever a football chair, the evidence is there for all to see. What a shower of spineless, clueless people who together are presiding over THE most embarrassing period this beloved club of ours has ever witnessed. They should hang their heads in shame.

I'll keep supporting our team but while this shower are back in charge I'll protest by not renewing our season tickets, not purchasing anything related to the club, programmes, pie etc. It will hurt the playing side I know, with reduced income (small as it is from just two of us) but I figure we are piss anyway so what the f**k.

I knew John penman many years ago, 80's and early 90's and he was a proper fan as were his parents, brother and sister, cracking lad, but I guess people can change. This fan purchase thing seems utter piss now, again evidence for everyone to see. Not that I've got much but while these people are behind fan purchase I'll not be contributing. They must think we're thick as shit. Pure raging again!!!!!

25 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Taken from the club site Q&A

Screenshot_20200228_200105.jpg

Well ,March is here and true to their word they appoint a permanent chairman.Colin  Weir making sure jlow is looked after using the cover of a fan takeover  

March: no shares are sold

April: discussions are ongoing as to the best vehicle and structure of fan ownership

May: clearly we are disappointed that the Club has been relegated and we will be conducting a thorough review of how to restructure it in light of League One football

August: as trustees of Colin Weir’s estate we think this needs to #BeDoneRight

October: regrettably we were unable to agree a corporate structure and the transfer will not be going ahead. TBC will be looking for exciting new business opportunities to support the manager in the winter transfer window to take the club back to where it rightfully belongs

Charlatans the lot of them. I e mailed the generic e mail for the club to register my anger this evening. Encourage everyone who is of a like mind to register their anger. We need to be the vocal majority.

Away games for me until she and her shit for brains board are gone.

On 20/02/2020 at 17:52, Chubbychops said:

Think he was a good servant for us but I don't share the adulation he gets from some of out supporters.

When he went off form, it tended to last for half a season.

Cardles a natural out and out winger of SPL quality i may add #idiots #blinkered #bringbackErskine 

1 hour ago, Midlife Crisis said:

I see that some of Jacqui’s pals are out on Twitter and FB saying how good it is to see her back. Some even saying how good a job she did before. Who are these people and what planet do they live on??? Deluded muppets.

She’s got a tragic little circle of sycophants who wage her propaganda war on social media.  Mostly thirsty, middle-aged Thistle da’s.

Remember that time Jacqui passive-aggressively apologised for her piss poor performance, errors of judgement and numerous PR pratfalls, but also had a snide go at the fans in the process for not backing the team?  One of my favourite moments in her fantastic reign, which seems likely to land us in the third tier of Scottish football. 

Looks like piles of free lottery cash are irrelevant when your chairman suffers from Kruger-Dunning-esque delusions of competence.  It's almost literally unbelievable that she thinks she is the right person to come back in and run things now.

PS loads of great comms from the fan takeover folk lately... errrr.....

9 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

She’s got a tragic little circle of sycophants who wage her propaganda war on social media.  Mostly thirsty, middle-aged Thistle da’s.

I made the mistake of looking at the Thistle twitter page, the absolute glee from the da's is astonishing.

I haven't felt this low about Thistle since the worst of the Save the Jags days. You really start to wonder why you fucking bother with this shit.

Was thinking of finishing off the ten or so grounds in the Scottish leagues next season that I haven’t been to yet. Low’s return confirms it, since I won’t be at Firhill under her reign.

Still can’t get over the lunacy of this. We’ll have no club left to support within the next couple of years, going by her previous financial performance.