The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed it is. That's not inconsistent with what I posted the first time though. I get the casting up of the other two quotes. That's fair enough.

Mr Drifter.

We are minted.

You are sobbing uncontrollably.

Always felt we played Slater too deep to get the best out of him, but it's also been pretty clear McCall never really rated him. Think he'll get another club at this level pretty comfortably. 

Mcginty going would be no surprise, surely there'll be some national league North team that will sign him closer to his home.  Agree with others that it is absolutely mad we were signing him for the top division. 

Wonder if that's us done in terms of signings or if we can punt Mcginty, Harkins and another (Austin / Robson) in good time there'd be space for another signing. 

Edited by Fuctifano

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Taken aback by the overwhelmingly positive reaction to O'Ware's contract extension. One of the most disappointing signings of recent years.

He's a massive part of the problem m8..2 and a half years..seriously wtf...hes a bombscare

Taken aback by the overwhelmingly positive reaction to O'Ware's contract extension. One of the most disappointing signings of recent years.

I’m hoping that when he’s put next to a competent partner (I.e. not Steven Saunders or Sean fucking McGinty) he might be ok, but that’s blind optimism rather than anything else.

6 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Our support have lower levels of self-respect and expectation than the Tartan Army.

Re. O’Ware - he’s not a lost cause like McGinty is, but he badly needs to get his finger out. Thus far his contribution to the cause has been a winner against Morton and some quality trolling of their fans.

Edited by Hammer Jag

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m hoping that when he’s put next to a competent partner (I.e. not Steven Saunders or Sean fucking McGinty) he might be ok, but that’s blind optimism rather than anything else.

Is in not maybe he's the problem...still think mcginty is the best out the 3..better on the ball..more comfortable stepping out with it aswell..and left sided which helps...now left with 3 right sided centre backs..

Is in not maybe he's the problem...still think mcginty is the best out the 3..better on the ball..more comfortable stepping out with it aswell..and left sided which helps...now left with 3 right sided centre backs..

I’m sorry, but McGinty is the worst centre half we’ve had since Gabby Piccolo.

Pretty sure that O’Ware is left sided too.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sorry, but McGinty is the worst centre half we’ve had since Gabby Piccolo.

Pretty sure that O’Ware is left sided too.

He plays on the left just now but is all right sided...mcginty last year playing beside anderson was far better than bombscare or saunders...got to hope this guy Brownlie is a player and can also pass...because oware and saunders aint got that in there game...imo they are more of a threat in the opposition boxes than mcginty..

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He's talking about the fee they paid Montrose for Aaron Taylor Sinclair, not what they've paid for Brownlie. He doesn't know what that was.

Good, Hope we can use the fees for both Brownlie & Bakthaoiu to improve the team. Big week off the pitch for the club, the board need to back AJ and give the fans some hope for the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Always found Slater very “meh” and never felt he was that mobile (slightly more mobile than Harkins doesn’t say much). 

Slater regularly topped distance covered during matches. Think that means he’s kinda mobile. I’m not saying you do this, but a lot of fans just follow where the ball is, players don’t, so maybe his, and others runs don’t get noticed maybe as much as a winger might get noticed. 

3 minutes ago, Socceroony said:

Slater regularly topped distance covered during matches. Think that means he’s kinda mobile. I’m not saying you do this, but a lot of fans just follow where the ball is, players don’t, so maybe his, and others runs don’t get noticed maybe as much as a winger might get noticed. 

Best of luck for the future, Craig.