The Partick Thistle thread

44 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

As well as Cardle could you please not sign Smith from Dundee United? We're in a desperate way here, cheers lads. 

Sorry, he's meant to be signing in the next few days. Probably after the Yinited game on Saturday.

What's the script with Slater? Every game against us last season he looked a class above. Is he inconsistent? Attitude problem?
As has been said, there's a player in there. I think he sees himself as, forgive me, an outright number 10. Grafting and putting a shift in aren't his game and the fact we were horrendous under Archibald and Caldwell didn't help him. I think he's probably a luxury we can't currently afford and doesn't strike me as a McCall type player

3 hours ago, Reid said:

4 goals in 20 games isn’t that decent considering he’s played 90 minutes in about 90% of them. He spends so much of the game out of position which is why means we’re light upfront. His finishing is pretty poor - I can remember 3 open goals he’s missed. His passing is pretty mince too.

Don't disagree at all, though I think the point about how many minutes he's played is the important bit there and ties in with the goal return. He's just too old to be getting that many minutes and unfortunately we've not really had the alternatives available (Jones injury didn't help) to rest him when appropriate.

18 hours ago, jaggyness said:
23 hours ago, wee_bairn said:
What's the script with Slater? Every game against us last season he looked a class above. Is he inconsistent? Attitude problem?

As has been said, there's a player in there. I think he sees himself as, forgive me, an outright number 10. Grafting and putting a shift in aren't his game and the fact we were horrendous under Archibald and Caldwell didn't help him. I think he's probably a luxury we can't currently afford and doesn't strike me as a McCall type player

Slater was out injured for a few months. Don’t think the lad sees himself as a number 10 at all,certainly not a crunch tackling midfielder but works hard. Spoke to someone at the club  who said he was regularly top of the running stats in games. Came  back and Brannigan and Cole been playing well recently so won’t be playing CM till one of them are suspended or injured. Definitely a good player when fit,playing regular and confident. 

Not sure if it has been mentioned but you boys are after Daz McKinnon from Hamilton.
Well we certainly could do with an aggressive, physical presence in midfield. Whether or not Mckinnon still has it in him I don't know.