The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Purely for the fact that they don’t have Tommy Robson in the “punt immediately” category, it’s a lot of complete pish.

He's DKD's best pal so leave him alone 😉

Definitely a rough diamond though!

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

What's the script with Slater? Every game against us last season he looked a class above. Is he inconsistent? Attitude problem?

I don't rate him apart from the odd game. Definitely inconsistent imo. Flatters to deceive in general.

12 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Shea Gordon is utter dogshit? To his credit he does pop up with a vital goal or two, but take that away from his game and he's like playing with a man down. 

Probably not but he does make great runs and with better passing in the team he could be an asset imo. Not great on the ball but that is more a lack of physicality than a lack of talent, imo.

27 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

IMG_20200109_134829.jpg.f73390a397057d1f4999baaf96dbf36c.jpg

Thoughts? 🤔

Wouldn’t even know where to begin. Disagree with an awful lot of that.

9 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Shea Gordon is utter dogshit? To his credit he does pop up with a vital goal or two, but take that away from his game and he's like playing with a man down. 

A bizarre player. Anonymous 99% of the time, except when he times his run perfectly to score with his first touch in half an hour.

I think in a good team where you can afford to carry a passenger, he’d be very useful. As it is, whilst his goals help, he really doesn’t contribute enough.

Bannigan has been playing much better recently, so happy enough to get him signed up.

Got to wonder a wee bit about what happened to him for so long. Pretty much a full two years of misplaced passes, reckless challenges and generally being pretty rubbish. Suddenly he looks comfortable and competent again. Can’t all be the manager’s doing...

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Bannigan has been playing much better recently, so happy enough to get him signed up.

Got to wonder a wee bit about what happened to him for so long. Pretty much a full two years of misplaced passes, reckless challenges and generally being pretty rubbish. Suddenly he looks comfortable and competent again. Can’t all be the manager’s doing...

Maybe a general confidence is returning to the players under McCall?

49 minutes ago, JustDom said:

Any time I've seen him he has looked like a competition winner.

IMO he'll start slipping down the leagues over the next few years and end up at a mid table League 1 / upper League 2 team.

I think people are being too harsh on Miller. Decent goals return and has been used more than might have been the case if we’d had alternatives. Yes, he can be very frustrating during games, but I’d put him fairly low on the list of bad players so far this season.

3 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

I think people are being too harsh on Miller. Decent goals return and has been used more than might have been the case if we’d had alternatives. Yes, he can be very frustrating during games, but I’d put him fairly low on the list of bad players so far this season.

I have concern over his attitude on the pitch. All too often he seems more content to wave his arms about after a stray pass, blaming others rather than trying to rectify the error. He also seems a split second slower in thought than he was at the start of the season. I think that he still can contribute but we have to decide what his role should be. He seems to be all over the place at present.

4 goals in 20 games isn’t that decent considering he’s played 90 minutes in about 90% of them. He spends so much of the game out of position which is why means we’re light upfront. His finishing is pretty poor - I can remember 3 open goals he’s missed. His passing is pretty mince too.