The Partick Thistle thread

39 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Hahaha 34 year old Stevie Bell on a pre contract (will be 35 by the time summer comes round). Some laugh.

Probably better than can be expected through the door at Dunfy, tbf...

1 hour ago, JustDom said:

I wonder if it will be a loan with an option to buy. It doesn't really make sense for him to stay at the club if he's a fringe player now, I doubt he'll get much of a sniff in the SPL. Would be a decent signing whether it be on loan or permanent IMO.

We'd be as well buying out the contract as things may get tight if we Have to use a domestic temporary *(loan) transfer slot.

Player wise I'll have to trust in McCall. He was obviously decent when bagging a hat trick in the League Cup but I can't say I've noticed him since and he's been out the picture at Tannadice this season despite Neilson signing him.

39 minutes ago, mo83 said:

Local paper confirms no concrete offer made for Blair yet.IMG-20200107-WA0000.jpeg

According to a jags fan who claims to be in the know (and to be fair he has a decent track record)  we had a verbal agreement but then Montrose looked to try and interest other teams such as Dundee United, St Mirren etc to get more money which then in turn saw the deal fall apart.

18 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

No that’s not how inheritance tax works. It’s paid by the executors on the estate as a whole, not as such by any would-be beneficiaries (if indeed we assume that the Weir will does in fact provide that Partick Thistle or any body connected with it should be a beneficiary).

There might, I suppose, be a scenario under which there is pressure to preserve (or even to liquidate) some of the Three Black Cats’ assets, so as to maximise what is available to be distributed to other beneficiaries after the payment of inheritance tax.

The fact that TBC has been designed as a vehicle to protect a lot of Weir’s financial activity probably suggests there are tax efficient arrangements connected with it.

Whether the shares TBC holds in Thistle will be transferred to another entity, on what terms and at what cost will ultimately depend on:

(1) What legal obligations TBC has already undertaken regarding the transfer of those undertakings and whether those are still enforceable 

(2) To what extent the will makes arrangements for what happens to TBC

(3) To what extent those arrangements are compatible with other commitments in the will or other obligations of the executors of the estate

(4) What any party ending up with a beneficial interest in TBC ends up deciding to do with it and its assets.

Effectively it could be tied up in courts for years

On 04/01/2020 at 20:30, D'Jaffo said:

What in January?

Don’t think Kerr is keen on it but if we got a replacement then I wouldn’t be against it provided we got some sort of fee.

Not too keen on helping Thistle try and stay up though.

Sorry bud. Was misinformed. Seems it's a summer deal.

Colin Traynor Weir, aged 72, died peacefully on 27th December 2019 after a brief illness. A loving father, and much loved by family and friends.

The funeral service will take place at Partick Burgh Hall, Burgh Hall Road, Glasgow at 11.15am on Tuesday 14th January 2019, to which all are invited. There will be a private cremation thereafter.

Prior to this, the cortege will stop at Firhill at 10.30am to allow Colin a final visit to his beloved Partick Thistle.

Family flowers only, please, but donations can be made in lieu to the Partick Thistle Charitable Trust.

A Scottish patriot, philanthropist and Jags man to the end.

Rest In Peace, sadly missed.