The Partick Thistle thread

Well if that happens, at least this time we have a manager with an eye for a player rather than someone who blows it on 18 month contracts for Harkins, 2 year contracts for Mansell etc, etc. 

I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see the ugly boot fire McCall and bring back Caldwell just to prove a point.

11 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

He was on Super Scoreboard during the week. Doesn't seem to be a plan yet. Getting worked on over the next few weeks 🤷‍♂️

So he was on a radio show boosting his own profile rather than doing as he had promised and communicating directly with fans? I am surprised and astonished at this turn of events. 

1 hour ago, VladimirMooc said:

So he was on a radio show boosting his own profile rather than doing as he had promised and communicating directly with fans? I am surprised and astonished at this turn of events. 

Not really self publicising. Just saying that a lot of work ahead. That's just getting all the different factions together and coming up with a coherent plan for going forward.

29 minutes ago, kerly said:

If  Colin Weir is gifting his shares why are TFE still taking pledges to buy the shares   

Still to be decided where to channel these funds to. Could be towards player funds, ground improvements or some other purpose. That apparently would be voted on such as St Mirren have done previously. This is where I feel the fan ownership element has to prove itself. 

10 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Still to be decided where to channel these funds to. Could be towards player funds, ground improvements or some other purpose. That apparently would be voted on such as St Mirren have done previously. This is where I feel the fan ownership element has to prove itself. 

Would the club rely on the pledges to operate , or would funds be found from outside club.i would worry that if we find ourselves in a relegation battle we would be unable to  find that extra bit of cash needed 

18 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Or it could go directly to Weir to pay for the training ground, we were going to rent off him? 

18 minutes ago, kerly said:

Would the club rely on the pledges to operate , or would funds be found from outside club.i would worry that if we find ourselves in a relegation battle we would be unable to  find that extra bit of cash needed 

Pledges would be outwith the day to day running costs from what I understand. 

Firstly I'd like to see what entity holds the funds!

15 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Or it could go directly to Weir to pay for the training ground, we were going to rent off him? 

Could do I suppose. Talk of another plan regarding training facilities. I guess we'll have to wait and see what the plan for that is first.

59 minutes ago, kerly said:

In the short term this next transfer window will be Colin Weir s. to finance, he has put him self in the position so let’s hope he  backs Ian mccoll

To what level should he back Mccall, when 8 weeks later he will have nothing to do with the Club?

2 hours ago, kerly said:

If  Colin Weir is gifting his shares why are TFE still taking pledges to buy the shares   

If fans want to be owners of the club then they'd need to put some cash in for the day to day running of the club and to go forward.

1 hour ago, kerly said:

Where would we have got the money from in previous or future seasons? I doubt that the shareholders who have just sold up would have bank-rolled the club any longer.