The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

There was a tremendous shout in the JH during the first half as we prepared to take a goal kick. The players had all grouped on the left awaiting Fox's kick out.

From the silence emerged a voice - "FUCKIN SPREAD OOT".

Never really understood why we do this, might be wrong but I think I've seen us do it for keepers other than Fox. 

The first half was fucking awful, very little creativity and the passing in the final third was pish. I actually thought we were much improved in the second half, but it was one of those days where we seemed destined not to score no matter what. 

As for the atmosphere, can't see it changing any time soon. Yeah it's great McCall is back, but it's been pure pish for about two years solid and I just don't think people have the energy for it. 

Edited by thistledo

Barnsley are due to part with their manager in the morning. A combination of results and Stendel being disgruntled about the players he was forced to sell in the summer.

All the fans seem to be united against the ownership for this. Claims that Conway & Lee are ruining the club with shortsighted profits. Football fans are over dramatic but I feel a lot more uncomfortable with the takeover now.

Will need to see how things develop however this could be a major red flag.

Barnsley are due to part with their manager in the morning. A combination of results and Stendel being disgruntled about the players he was forced to sell in the summer.

All the fans seem to be united against the ownership for this. Claims that Conway & Lee are ruining the club with shortsighted profits. Football fans are over dramatic but I feel a lot more uncomfortable with the takeover now.

Will need to see how things develop however this could be a major red flag.

Perhaps some cause for alarm, since they sold 3/4 of their defence and never properly replaced them, but at the same time, the fans weren’t complaining when they got promoted last season under the same regime. They aren’t doing much worse than they were the last time they were in the same division so I’ll take their disgruntled fans with a pinch of salt.

22 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Perhaps some cause for alarm, since they sold 3/4 of their defence and never properly replaced them, but at the same time, the fans weren’t complaining when they got promoted last season under the same regime. They aren’t doing much worse than they were the last time they were in the same division so I’ll take their disgruntled fans with a pinch of salt.

To be fair, our board sold 100% of our defence (Liam Lindsay) and never properly replaced them.

It needs to be monitored for me.  Football fans are generally either happy clappers or pissy wee bitches at times, so like you say it could just be because right now it isn't so good.  But even if they are doing a bad job at Barnsley, it's not to say they'll do the same at Thistle, just like if they're doing a good job at Barnsley it doesn't mean it won't be an utter car crash up here.  I trust the current board to do enough due dilligence to have an idea either way.

The frustrating thing is we have the resources at hand to run the club at hand if Beattie and Weir could settle their apparent differences. 

I can see why they've done the things that have come to light.

However they've been distanced by these same decisions. They need locked in the boardroom and we could be looking at astute BOD with a wealthy benefactor looking for little of any return on their investment.

I trust the current board to do enough due dilligence to have an idea either way.

You are not the first to state that you trust the current board to make the right decision, but It seems pretty unanimous on here that Lowe and the rest of the last board were not the right people, but did Beattie not choose to hand the reins to them?

2 hours ago, Mancubus said:

You are not the first to state that you trust the current board to make the right decision, but It seems pretty unanimous on here that Lowe and the rest of the last board were not the right people, but did Beattie not choose to hand the reins to them?

No idea.  And me saying that I trust the current board isn't based on this huge knowledge of how competent they are, it's basically giving them the benefit of the doubt that they don't fancy causing any harm to the club.  It's clear they thought Lowe was, at best, not doing a great job, so they got her out.  So I don't imagine they'd purposefully put someone else in charge who was going to do similar.  Would they do it not purposefully?  Very possible.

We look alright, but that might be because this rabble are the most limited example of Brexit "they don't like it up 'em" agricultural hoof all that has visited Firhill in as long as I can remember. Granted, we're shitebags and would usually cave under that, but jesus theyre poor. How the f**k did Killie lose to this? 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Oh and quite impressed with Kakay so far. Certainly better than Joe "Miles Fucking Storey" Cardle. 

Not a great comparison, imo. Cardle is technically a good footballer whose legs look to have disappeared, whereas Storey has never had any ability at all other than to run very fast.