The Partick Thistle thread

Concerns over Goodwin are just playing the man, not the ball. Fan ownership doesn't depend on one individual.
What lack of transparency? TfE have published copious details of their plans, including detailed responses to fans questions.
And I don't buy that we can't decide what's best for the future of the club because the fans aren't in agreement. When are we ever?!
I'm glad you've got faith in David Beattie. I hope that doesn't result in the club being sold to venture capitalists.
And if there's any arrogance on display on this thread, it's from those who dismiss fan ownership without giving it any reasonable consideration.
Except in this example, based on the complete lack of information from TfE it precisely does rest on one individual, Colin Weir, as without his substantial and generous initial contribution there won't even be a fan ownership option?

16 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
1 hour ago, Firhillista said:
Concerns over Goodwin are just playing the man, not the ball. Fan ownership doesn't depend on one individual.
What lack of transparency? TfE have published copious details of their plans, including detailed responses to fans questions.
And I don't buy that we can't decide what's best for the future of the club because the fans aren't in agreement. When are we ever?!
I'm glad you've got faith in David Beattie. I hope that doesn't result in the club being sold to venture capitalists.
And if there's any arrogance on display on this thread, it's from those who dismiss fan ownership without giving it any reasonable consideration.

Except in this example, based on the complete lack of information from TfE it precisely does rest on one individual, Colin Weir, as without his substantial and generous initial contribution there won't even be a fan ownership option?

Sorry? Complete lack of information from TfE? There's a considerable amount of information put out by TfE. You can question the validity of their statements, but not that they haven't communicated their intentions.

Sorry? Complete lack of information from TfE? There's a considerable amount of information put out by TfE. You can question the validity of their statements, but not that they haven't communicated their intentions.
But we agree it is dependant on one individual? Good, glad we cleared that up.

38 minutes ago, GableEnder21 said:

Thistle fans what do you think of Niang (Sena)? As we have just signed him on loan. He played against us a few weeks ago in the cup and if I remember rightly he looked strong and powerful in the midfield.

Was signed originally as a centre back, but has barely played for us. Looked like there was a player in there in some of the reserves highlights, and I thought he looked decent against you (albeit a little lost at times, probably due to being out of position). Will be interesting to see where you play him, but no doubt that game time will see him improve, could be a decent loan signing.

I'm concerned that Weir's intentions for controlling the club are selfish. It's a vanity project for him. He is trying to wrestle the club away from Beattie for no other reason that he wants to be in charge. He is using the guise of fan ownership to do that.
If he was genuine about supporting the club then he should recognise that we're in a good place right now and help Beattie in getting us back to the Premiership. 

I'm also concerned that TFE would back anyone as long as they dangled the carrot of fan ownership IMO. Fan ownership is a klaxon call to all the pathetic gimps in our support who are desperate to wear a suit to the game, sit with directors, feel important and be ITK.
Charge them £40, give them a PTFC tie, let them meet McCall and send them on their way.

On 29/09/2019 at 21:27, Firhill_Basin said:

"Pledges are very important for the club as it creates a new revenue stream that doesn’t exist just now but the day to day operation of the club would still continue as it does now with or without pledges.  The club already generates income from fans, hospitality, sponsors, merchandise.  If pledges drop off it simply means that a valuable new source of revenue, that doesn’t exist at the moment, would reduce.  We would urge every Thistle fan, who is able, to pledge."

A begging bucket for a business plan, thats me sold tbh.

Ironically they don't need 263 to pledge because Weir bailed them out. 

Without him it would be dead in the water

7 hours ago, Firhillista said:

They've published very little. Sly digs and petty insults aside, they've published next to nothing of substance. 

I don't know much about Colin Weir as a person but If his intention is to be in charge then, for a man with a bucketload of cash, he's certainly taking a long and winding road to try to make it happen instead of marching in the front door with a blank cheque.

6 hours ago, dave.j said:

They've published very little. Sly digs and petty insults aside, they've published next to nothing of substance. 

By any reasonable standards, the information put out by TfE HAS been substantial. They've set out what fan ownership is, they've outlined how they hope it can be implemented at Thistle and they've published responses to questions asked of them by Thistle fans. In none of that information have I seen anything that resembles 'sly digs and petty insults'.

This is in contrast to the consortium who have not just published nothing of substance, they have in fact published... nothing.

I get why people might want to take a punt on a billionaire foreign investment group in the hope that Thistle go shooting up into the Premiership and Europe with some cup wins along the way. If I thought that would be the outcome of New City Finance buying us, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. But all the evidence suggests that if we go down that route we're unlikely to be much better off in a sporting sense and very likely to be saddled with debt.

Fan ownership works at other clubs. It could work at Thistle. We shouldn't be rejecting it out of hand.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I know this letter might come to you as a surprise for the fact that you do not know me personally, please accept my sincere Apologies, I am Mrs. Chris Weir. I am 70 years old married to Mr. Colin Weir,  I  use to work as a psychiatric nurse until in 2011 when luck smiled on me and my late husband. I was the winner of Euro millions Lottery in 2011 where I scooped the amazing sum of (£161,653,000 one hundred and sixty one millions and fifty Three thousand pounds:( www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/euromillions-jackpot-winners-revealed-largs-1108075)

on March 2014 my husband and the kids travel to Malaysia for a holiday and was on board the MH370 Malaysia Missing flight flying to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur and is believed to have plunged into the southern Indian Ocean killing all the 239 people on board of which my husband and two kids were among the dead, after the death of my husband and kids in 2016 doctors diagnose me with the   Pancreatic cancer the (sickness)of which I have been battling with for over 3 years now And from all indication and medical report from the  doctors here in India  my condition is really deteriorating and getting worse day after day  and it is quite obvious that I will not live more than three months, according to the doctor and from  all indication regards to medical analysis the Pancreatic cancer disease has gotten to a very bad stage that no hope for me to be a living person again.

The doctor has advised me that I may not live for more than three months and warned me to stop thinking over who will bury me or inherit the properties money left behind. Based on this report I have decided to contribute to humanity by donating £38.5million pounds to take care of the cancer / HIV AIDS patients, old age homes and homeless people.

Please I need your help as a God fearing person to receive this money into any account of your choice for disbursement and sharing of the money to take care of the cancer / HIV AIDS patients, old age homes and homeless people in your country to fulfill my dying wish to God.

Please note that this fund is still in the bank where my late husband and I deposited it, I am going to advice my Banker to transfer the money into any account of your choice as soon as I receive your feedback. Lastly, I honestly pray that this money when transferred to your account will be used for the said purpose even though I am dead; I made a promise to God that the inherited fund will be used to take care of the cancer / HIV AIDS patients, old age homes and homeless people

Kindly provide me with below information which will enable my attorney to secure an affidavit of transfer of right and privileged in your name which will enable the bank to transfer fund into any account you may provide.

Your Full Name........................

Your Sex..................................

Your Age..................................

Your Country.............................

Your Mobile Number.....:

Reply ( brsen@religious.com)

May the grace of our lord the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you and your family?

Thank  you

Mrs. Chris Weir

Recieved this email today. Maybe somebody should tell Colin that he died.

On 29/09/2019 at 21:27, Firhill_Basin said:

"Pledges are very important for the club as it creates a new revenue stream that doesn’t exist just now but the day to day operation of the club would still continue as it does now with or without pledges.  The club already generates income from fans, hospitality, sponsors, merchandise.  If pledges drop off it simply means that a valuable new source of revenue, that doesn’t exist at the moment, would reduce.  We would urge every Thistle fan, who is able, to pledge."

A begging bucket for a business plan, thats me sold tbh.

This is what I was referring to. Mibbe I've misunderstood but this isnt a new revenue stream, many fans already pledge monthly sums to the player's fund etc.

1 hour ago, Firhillista said:

By any reasonable standards, the information put out by TfE HAS been substantial. They've set out what fan ownership is, they've outlined how they hope it can be implemented at Thistle and they've published responses to questions asked of them by Thistle fans. In none of that information have I seen anything that resembles 'sly digs and petty insults'.

This is in contrast to the consortium who have not just published nothing of substance, they have in fact published... nothing.

I get why people might want to take a punt on a billionaire foreign investment group in the hope that Thistle go shooting up into the Premiership and Europe with some cup wins along the way. If I thought that would be the outcome of New City Finance buying us, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat. But all the evidence suggests that if we go down that route we're unlikely to be much better off in a sporting sense and very likely to be saddled with debt.

Fan ownership works at other clubs. It could work at Thistle. We shouldn't be rejecting it out of hand.

I'm pretty sure we're not expect g to go shooting up the leagues, winning some cups. 

Competent owners that make sure we are financially secure and trading within our means, whilst actually making the football an enjoyable experience will be enough.

2 hours ago, bad chad said:

Competent owners that make sure we are financially secure and trading within our means, whilst actually making the football an enjoyable experience will be enough.

We don't need an international consortium of venture capitalists to achieve that. It could be argued we already have that with the current board - it's just the enjoyable football bit that's at issue.

What happens when the SFA knock back this proposal for joint ownership?

How sustainable is the status quo?

14 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

We don't need an international consortium of venture capitalists to achieve that. It could be argued we already have that with the current board - it's just the enjoyable football bit that's at issue.

What happens when the SFA knock back this proposal for joint ownership?

How sustainable is the status quo?

I for one welcome our transformation under the lifelong Jags fan Paul Goodwin into the Maryhill Meerkats:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/exclusive-250k-plan-to-rename-struggling-1047855