The Partick Thistle thread

Congratulations to Ian McCall on signing Zanatta, Palmer and Miller And to Archie for teaching them how to shoot tbh.

Get it right up Caldwell. He couldn’t buy a win out of a team assembled by our now assistant manager that collected 9 points in 8 games. Ian McCall turned Caldwell’s dross into world-beaters in under a week.

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Caldwell was shite but to be fair Zanatta, Fox, Palmer and maybe Kenny Miller were decent signings.

There's no maybe about it anymore. He's the most intelligent, most consistent, and I would even say fittest player in the team. He's chipping in with a steady rate of goals and is doing exactly what we all would have hoped when he signed - working his manager curse magic included. 

Caldwell was shite but to be fair Zanatta, Fox, Palmer and maybe Kenny Miller were decent signings.

I think it was obvious it was a man management level Caldwell failed on. Wasn't there yesterday but from your list agree with all but Fox who, whilst capable of great saves, always has a goal costing mistake in him

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Congratulations to Ian McCall on signing Zanatta, Palmer and Miller And to Archie for teaching them how to shoot tbh.

Get it right up Caldwell. He couldn’t buy a win out of a team assembled by our now assistant manager that collected 9 points in 8 games. Ian McCall turned Caldwell’s dross into world-beaters in under a week.

Eh world beaters it was ICT you beat... 

"Pledges are very important for the club as it creates a new revenue stream that doesn’t exist just now but the day to day operation of the club would still continue as it does now with or without pledges.  The club already generates income from fans, hospitality, sponsors, merchandise.  If pledges drop off it simply means that a valuable new source of revenue, that doesn’t exist at the moment, would reduce.  We would urge every Thistle fan, who is able, to pledge."

A begging bucket for a business plan, thats me sold tbh.

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

The TFE needs to be told to gtf.

In all seriousness though it’s pretty important that it’s fired into the bin.

Yeah, for Christ sake let's not support a plan to provide fan ownership of the club similar to Hearts, St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dunfermline, all the top German clubs, the Argentinian leagues and loads of other clubs around the world. How stupid would that be?

Let's support selling the club to a group of venture capitalists who's track record of piling debt onto the club's they've previously owned while investing next to nothing in them is a matter of public record.

It's only 'tinpot' if there's a complete lack of imagination and common sense on the part of Thistle fans. 

1 minute ago, forameus said:

I already pledge to the tune of around 300 quid a year, and 300 extra this year after getting my Dad a season ticket.  That no enough TFE?

And what's your point, caller?

How's that in any way relevant?

No one's going to stop you doing that if the club is fan owned.

You don't want to pay more into the club, fair enough. Others will.

Why is our thread so quiet we've now got a good management team, we've just beat the Caley jags in their own backyard, the players seem to be more focused granted still a cpl flaws in the team but all in all things are for first time in 2 years beginning to look on the up.
Lets get positive again and as McCall said get us all pulling in the one direction

5 hours ago, Firhillista said:

Yeah, for Christ sake let's not support a plan to provide fan ownership of the club similar to Hearts, St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dunfermline, all the top German clubs, the Argentinian leagues and loads of other clubs around the world. How stupid would that be?

Let's support selling the club to a group of venture capitalists who's track record of piling debt onto the club's they've previously owned while investing next to nothing in them is a matter of public record.

It's only 'tinpot' if there's a complete lack of imagination and common sense on the part of Thistle fans. 

5 hours ago, Firhillista said:

And what's your point, caller?

How's that in any way relevant?

No one's going to stop you doing that if the club is fan owned.

You don't want to pay more into the club, fair enough. Others will.

Calm down. If you want Thistle fans to invest and get behind this then stop acting like a fud.

The concerns over fan ownership are as legitimate as handing the club over to an unknown party. You have the begging bowl out already, you're on here patronising fellow supporters and quite frankly the whole thing just reeks of a bitter attempt by Weir to get Low back in as Chairman, which was a complete mess the last time.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Calm down. If you want Thistle fans to invest and get behind this then stop acting like a fud.

The concerns over fan ownership are as legitimate as handing the club over to an unknown party. You have the begging bowl out already, you're on here patronising fellow supporters and quite frankly the whole thing just reeks of a bitter attempt by Weir to get Low back in as Chairman, which was a complete mess the last time.

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You talk about concerns, but none of them expressed on here make any sense. Weir bringing Low back in as chairman? What are you talking about?

And if you're going to tell someone not to be patronising, don't start off by telling them to calm down.

12 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

You talk about concerns, but none of them expressed on here make any sense. Weir bringing Low back in as chairman? What are you talking about?

And if you're going to tell someone not to be patronising, don't start off by telling them to calm down.

Which concerns don't make any sense?

Is it the concerns over Goodwin being involved, despite a history of talking a good game while at the same time demonstrating utter ineptitude?
Is it the concerns over TfL's lack of transparency and seeming refusal to answer questions raised by fans?
Is it the concerns over the divisions that have developed within the Thistle support over the past couple of years that means some feel fan ownership wouldn't be the best thing for Thistle at this time until everyone is more together?

These are just some of the genuine concerns that TfL have, so far, failed spectacularly in abating. To refuse to even acknowledge the validity of these concerns is utter arrogance.

Although he has his faults, I have faith that David Beattie will do what is best for the club in the long term.

8 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Which concerns don't make any sense?

Is it the concerns over Goodwin being involved, despite a history of talking a good game while at the same time demonstrating utter ineptitude?
Is it the concerns over TfL's lack of transparency and seeming refusal to answer questions raised by fans?
Is it the concerns over the divisions that have developed within the Thistle support over the past couple of years that means some feel fan ownership wouldn't be the best thing for Thistle at this time until everyone is more together?

These are just some of the genuine concerns that TfL have, so far, failed spectacularly in abating. To refuse to even acknowledge the validity of these concerns is utter arrogance.

Although he has his faults, I have faith that David Beattie will do what is best for the club in the long term.

Concerns over Goodwin are just playing the man, not the ball. Fan ownership doesn't depend on one individual.

What lack of transparency? TfE have published copious details of their plans, including detailed responses to fans questions.

And I don't buy that we can't decide what's best for the future of the club because the fans aren't in agreement. When are we ever?!

I'm glad you've got faith in David Beattie. I hope that doesn't result in the club being sold to venture capitalists.

And if there's any arrogance on display on this thread, it's from those who dismiss fan ownership without giving it any reasonable consideration.

Concerns over Goodwin are just playing the man, not the ball. Fan ownership doesn't depend on one individual.
What lack of transparency? TfE have published copious details of their plans, including detailed responses to fans questions.
And I don't buy that we can't decide what's best for the future of the club because the fans aren't in agreement. When are we ever?!
I'm glad you've got faith in David Beattie. I hope that doesn't result in the club being sold to venture capitalists.
And if there's any arrogance on display on this thread, it's from those who dismiss fan ownership without giving it any reasonable consideration.

Simply not agreeing with it in no way means that someone hasn’t given fan ownership reasonable consideration.

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Simply not agreeing with it in no way means that someone hasn’t given fan ownership reasonable consideration.

Absolutely agree. What I'm not seeing are any reasonable arguments to dismiss it out of hand as some seem to have done.

There seems to be no acknowledgement that this is a model in place at Hearts, St. Mirren, Motherwell, Dunfermline and others. It's being rejected, as far as I can see, because of narrow concerns about the recent history at Thistle - Low and Caldwell and Colin Weir walking away.

There's an opportunity here to set up Thistle as a fans owned community club. That's surely positive in itself. 

What's more concerning is that rejecting that approach seems to be inevitably leading to the club being owned by a consortium of venture capitalists who's main focus will be making money out of Thistle.

55 minutes ago, Firhillista said:

If “the man” is the one in charge of/leading the whole initiative then it’s entirely legitimate to look at his track record. I get that fan ownership means that’s ultimately the fans are in charge but he is the one leading the project snd - presumably - fancies being at least an interim chairman. It’s totally legitimate to look at his history, which IMO reeks of bullshit.

TFE have said they have a five year plan, and in the Q&A essentially say the five year plan is to use the current board’s plan and at some point devise a new one. That isn’t a plan. 

I’m not against fan ownership but TFE really don’t inspire any faith whatsoever. 

Edited by VladimirMooc