The Partick Thistle thread

45 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Horrible to hear.
I hope the guy is ok.

Horrible to witness as well. A few people around the fella were in tears. The guy that administered CPR deserves a medal. His quick thinking has probablly saved the fella’s life

Edited by Sting777

Watched our highlights back there to see how long it was from us scoring a goal to fucking things up again.

After we scored the first goal I counted 11 seconds until it was in the net for an equaliser, and after us making it 2-2 it was only 15 seconds before the ref had blown for a penalty to Accies. That’s really, really poor.

Thistle fan had an operation at Hairmyres and is doing okay. Well done to all the first aid responders and the NHS staff. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

6 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

Because he's a footballer's father?

Dont be so fucking stupid. Read my post directly above. He has saved a guys life ya nugget! I was about 10 yards away from it and the guy worked like a trojan to save the fella’s life. Was not a pleasant experience to witness.

Edited by Sting777

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Dont be so fucking stupid. Read my post directly above. He has saved a guys life ya nugget! I was about 10 yards away from it and the guy worked like a trojan to save the fella’s life. Was not a pleasant experience to witness.

Good news that the patient is recovering. Great respect to the guy who reacted quickly to the situation and skilfully stabilised the victim, irrespective of his son's career.

Possibly. However, what he wrote was unequivocal.
It was quite clear to me that he found Mansell's Father's actions heroic and it had nothing to do with who his boy is. As has already been pointed out it was pretty traumatic for those close by who could only sit impotently while one stranger was desperately trying to keep another's heart pumping until the paramedics turned up with the defibrillator.
I'm sure you meant no offence but having a go at sting777 over the wording of his post seems somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances.

55 minutes ago, Walter said:

It was quite clear to me that he found Mansell's Father's actions heroic and it had nothing to do with who his boy is. As has already been pointed out it was pretty traumatic for those close by who could only sit impotently while one stranger was desperately trying to keep another's heart pumping until the paramedics turned up with the defibrillator.
I'm sure you meant no offence but having a go at sting777 over the wording of his post seems somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances.

No offence intended.

3 hours ago, Walter said:

Thanks Walter! I was actually thinking whether it was wise to restart the game after half time while this was still going on.  If Thistle had scored just after the restart I just couldnt have celebrated. That was the longest half time I have ever endured. Its fantastic that he appears to have pulled through. When he is fit it would be a nice touch if the club maybe offered Mr Mansell and himself a day in hospitality!

Edited by Sting777

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Thanks Walter! I was actually thinking whether it was wise to restart the game after half time while this was still going on.  If Thistle had scored just after the restart I just couldnt have celebrated. That was the longest half time I have ever endured. Its fantastic that he appears to have pulled through. When he is fit it would be a nice touch if the club maybe offered Mr Mansell and himself a day in hospitality!

Well said and maybe the medics at new Douglas park as well who played a vital part as wel

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Well said and maybe the medics at new Douglas park as well who played a vital part as wel

Yip TL Mr Mansell wasnt the only hero yesterday, but he was the main one. As was said to me, a professional football match is probably one of the best places to have a heart attack if you have the misfortune to have one. 

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Yip TL Mr Mansell wasnt the only hero yesterday, but he was the main one. As was said to me, a professional football match is probably one of the best places to have a heart attack if you have the misfortune to have one. 

I had a patient have a heart attack in front of me - all I did was walk out the room and ask the nurse passing by to get help. I was working within 10ft of a heart clinic in the hospital.