The Partick Thistle thread

The JT statement is fine if not exactly a lesson in brevity.

There are parts I agree with and one part I think is complete and utter bollocks.

They, like so many others, fail to see the difference between being a selling club, which we clearly are, and a feeder club which we are clearly, for now at least, not.

The takeover is clearly happening and could be brilliant but to throw in a disquieting thought I hope those facilitating it, especially if they stand to benefit financially, know (or care) what they are doing.

38 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

The JT statement is fine if not exactly a lesson in brevity.

Was classic Peden, just needed a "vomitorium" in there somewhere. 

New statement up, no takeover this week but says the statement last week was bollocks (paraphrasing) and a formal approach has been made. 

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

BANTER.

Decapitation strike. The board's statement pretty much confirms it, and I'm wondering out loud if Colin Weir had a clue what was really happening and if not, why not?

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm. 🤔🙃

Will this mean David Beattie will remain as Chairman if, as expected, the takeover goes ahead? Or is this just a temporary measure until Chien Lee puts his people in charge?

On the one hand, I'm glad Jacqui Low is no longer Chairman, and on the other hand I'm very nervous, possibly excited, about what's ahead.

Was classic Peden, just needed a "vomitorium" in there somewhere. 
New statement up, no takeover this week but says the statement last week was bollocks (paraphrasing) and a formal approach has been made. 
Is Gordon Peden an office bearer of the JT?

The statement is okay aside from the verbosity (it's catching) but there is nothing in it that makes you feel reassured about the takeover if, like me, you have concerns.

A Google search on a couple of people doesn't count as due diligence in my book.

20 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Decapitation strike. The board's statement pretty much confirms it, and I'm wondering out loud if Colin Weir had a clue what was really happening and if not, why not?

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm. 🤔🙃

'Why Nice?' and 'Why Barnsley?' are also valid questions - like ourselves, probably cheap and easy clubs to acquire...businessmen are motivated by making money, presumably they see Thistle as something which may help with this.

Also, 'why Thistle' is still a bloody mystery. It's like the bugsy kid at school turning up at the summer dance (f**k this 'prom' shit kids are getting) with Miley and Beyonce on his arm. [emoji848][emoji854]

I thought they made it clear why they think Thistle. It costs a lot less in Scotland to get a club into Europe than in France or England. And there is a large potential fan base in Glasgow.

Whether this is true or not is another question.

Scott Fox back in goals and David Beattie as chairman. Someone better give Glenn Daniels, Shuggy Murray and Kenny Crichton a call and let them know the bands getting back together. Promotion time baby.

My take on this and it might be total pish, is that Beatts and co are all shareholders and they have moved back on to the board to complete the takeover. Once that is done they will move out again with their share pay offs. Wasnt that long since Beatts said he couldnt devote time to the club and stood down. What has changed? I think this is an interim board pending the takeover being approved and if it is, then we will see the real changes at the club. Could be the beginning of the end for Caldwell, Kerr and Britton as well!