The Partick Thistle thread

9 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Any update on the takeover?

Tons of speculation, doomsaying and general dismalism, but nothing official to react to. It does seem Thistle will become the bottom rung of a ladder that also includes Barnsley but may or may not include Nice.

By the way, does JLow's PR client list include the Rocks guy? Anyone know? 

22 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I haven't seen anything in print or in audio to suggest that Caldwell has said he prefers 3-5-2 but it's bandied around a lot, on that basis we have as it stands

Sneddon

Saunders O'Ware McGinty

Williamson..........................................................................................Penrice

Gordon Bannigan

Fitzpatrick

Miller Mansell

With: Robson, Harkins, Slater, Wilson and Cardle in reserve

Jamie Sneddon

Ryan Williamson --- Tam O'Ware --- Sean McGinty --- James Penrice

Shea Gordon --- Stuart Bannigan

Aidan Fitzpatrick --- Craig Slater --- Joe Cardle

Kenny Miller

Tommy Robson (RB)

Steven Saunders (CH)

Gary Harkins (CM)

Callum Wilson (CM)

Lewis Mansell (FW)

I'm sorry, but that is not a squad thats close to competing to win the league!!! 

We are 7 or 8 players of real quality away from being close. A Goalie, a Centre Half, a Left Back, a Defensive Mid, 2 attacking midfielders, one who can play wide, and a striker or 2.

Looking at what seems like our strongest starting 11, i'd say what does stand out is there's a lot of folk in there who you'd think would be suseptable to injury.

Edited by dave.j

21 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Jamie Sneddon

Kenny Miller

Tommy Robson (RB)

Steven Saunders (CH)

Gary Harkins (CM)

Callum Wilson (CM)

Lewis Mansell (FW)

I'm sorry, but that is not a squad thats close to competing to win the league!!! 

We are 7 or 8 players of real quality away from being close. A Goalie, a Centre Half, a Left Back, a Defensive Mid, 2 attacking midfielders, one who can play wide, and a striker or 2.

Looking at what seems like our strongest starting 11, i'd say what does stand out is there's a lot of folk in there who you'd think would be suseptable to injury.

We've got 2 left backs..think willamson is more right back..wing back than centre half...agree about goalkeeper ..centre half..and a couple of strikers...

Edited by IR1970

28 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

We've got 2 left backs..think willamson is more right back..wing back than centre half...agree about goalkeeper ..centre half..and a couple of strikers...

Is Robson left sided?

I'd say we will be looking to add 3 or 4 more players so I wouldn't press the panic button just yet.

Need a good signing up front and some more creativity as well as the perennial goalkeeper and defensive cover, imo.

4 hours ago, dave.j said:

Jamie Sneddon

Kenny Miller

Tommy Robson (RB)

Steven Saunders (CH)

Gary Harkins (CM)

Callum Wilson (CM)

Lewis Mansell (FW)

Think that’s about the best team from the players we have in the squad. Just hope big O’Ware can get back to where he was, but he has missed a lot of football. Hopefully Slater back fit for the start of the season. Certainly a team on the front foot. I’m sure there will be more new faces to come maybe a bit of steel to the side if required. I’m wondering how much of the Liam Lindsay money the manager will get if any. Plus he said he only spent a small amount of the January budget so maybe a couple of very decent signings to come.  

I see Firhill is also one of the host venues for the women's under 19 UEFA championships next month, McDiarmid Park, Forthbank and St Mirren.  

You lot getting any exciting ground improvements out of it?  We're getting the old dugouts ripped out and replaced with a technical area at the front of the Main Stand, hopefully resplendent with big comfy leather chairs with an embroidered St Johnstone badge on, along with some other stuff that I can't remember.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

New scoreboard (hopefully it's on the bing and the size of the old one at Meadowbank) and some astro along the side of the pitch where the "technical areas" are

Cheers. I thought there were plans for a wee stand at the bing end at some point?

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Cheers. I thought there were plans for a wee stand at the bing end at some point?

Theres always plans. 

One of the first things my Granda taught me about Thistle, never get your hope's up when the club announces they are developing Firhill. Announcements come more often than the changing of the seasons. 

30 years on and he couldn't have said a true word.

Theres always plans. 

One of the first things my Granda taught me about Thistle, never get your hope's up when the club announces they are developing Firhill. Announcements come more often than the changing of the seasons. 

One of the first thing my Grandad taught me about Thistle is never to get your hopes up at all.....

23 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, dave.j said:
Theres always plans. 

One of the first thing my Grandad taught me about Thistle is never to get your hopes up at all.....

Yeah. My Grandad, dad, uncles and brother all said the same. But you still do. But I'm totally scunnered with them  nowadays.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, dave.j said:
Theres always plans. 

Every saturday when I walked up to Milton, he'd ask.... How's your Ulcer