The Partick Thistle thread

33 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Was going to be tricky for Barnsley (and consequently us) to get a big fee with him being out of contract next year.  Barnsley to Stoke, fairly getting a tour of some of England's glittering jewels.

Are we not looking at around £700,000? Apparently went for £350,000 and if reports on here are true we are getting a 17.5% sell on which will be another £350,000. Happy to see him go. If he stayed another 6 months we would have got sod all. Although delighted it never happened, I cant believe Celtic didnt sign him given their defensive problems.

I was referring to the guy above me who said we could have done with him going for £10m +

Read varying reports on the sell on %, would imagine Nixon below will be accurate.

15% of profit assuming £2m Stoke purchase less £350k Barnsley purchase  = £247,500. 

27 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I was referring to the guy above me who said we could have done with him going for £10m +

Read varying reports on the sell on %, would imagine Nixon below will be accurate.

15% of profit assuming £2m Stoke purchase less £350k Barnsley purchase  = £247,500. 

That's worse than I thought. If Thistle were a prostitute she would be the cheapest slag on the block.

We will get at least £340k if Stoke pay £2million for LL, how anyone can turn this into a negative is unbelievable.

If he stayed another year at Barnsley and left we would get the grand sum off fck all, therefore let’s be happy (I know for some posters on here that’s impossible at the moment) about the fact we will shortly have over £300k that we won’t have budgeted for and as such it may help us get a couple of players that may be the difference in our promotion push.

Apologies if this too positive for the Da’s but it’s just factual information!!

52 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

That's worse than I thought. If Thistle were a prostitute she would be the cheapest slag on the block.

Agreed I think we sold him cheap but the overall fee received is the best in the clubs history by a country mile. In the days of players letting their contracts run down, I dont think we can complain too much!

Hopefully this will kick off some inbound transfer activity. Could mean we can offer that extra £50/100 a week to oust rivals for signings...or we can extend GGH’s to a five year deal...

#SoMoney

1 minute ago, Vinnyjag said:

We will get at least £340k if Stoke pay £2million for LL, how anyone can turn this into a negative is unbelievable.

If he stayed another year at Barnsley and left we would get the grand sum off fck all, therefore let’s be happy (I know for some posters on here that’s impossible at the moment) about the fact we will shortly have over £300k that we won’t have budgeted for and as such it may help us get a couple of players that may be the difference in our promotion push.

Apologies if this too positive for the Da’s but it’s just factual information!!

15% on fee less original Fee received. Still a healthy boost to the funds. 

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Hopefully this will kick off some inbound transfer activity. Could mean we can offer that extra £50/100 a week to oust rivals for signings...or we can extend GGH’s to a five year deal...

#SoMoney

Hopefully with Sevco losing the SD case they will be happy for us to pay an extra £50 a week on Zak Ruddens loan wages....lol

Edited by Sting777

5 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Hopefully with Sevco losing the SD case they will be happy for us to pay an extra £50 a week on Zak Ruddens loan wages....lol

Yup, will give greater leverage in loan deals too which could be crucial. I’d still prefer Bruce Anderson though :rolleyes: