The Partick Thistle thread

On 03/06/2019 at 14:00, Thistle_do_nicely said:

James Craigen is a free agent...

The attacking midfielder who was continuously picked ahead of our new Right Back, at The Pars, last season? 

18 hours ago, manpreet_ptfc said:

How do I thrive of attention Jesus. U know nothing at all and all the younger  ones that do displays, they’ve all chipped in so far and have done before - the QF n Top 6 ones cost £200+ each. All paid for by the younger fans that are now ‘begging’ for money when in reality it’s a derby game and we’re hoping some of the other fans can chip in, like they have in 99% of supports 

St Mirren's young lads design and paint all their own banners. You could argue they have the best displays and singing section in Scottish Football just now. 

Maybe take a leaf out their book?

"Partick Thistle have held talks with Michael Tidser about joining the club.

The midfielder signed a pre-contract with Falkirk but had an option to void if they got relegated, which they did.

Understand he met with Gary Caldwell on Wednesday."

From journalist Euan Booth Robertson on Twitter this afternoon.

It's funny that Livi could end up with Erskine Lawless Fraser and possibly Doolan ?  I was always a big fan of Fraser.. he was really unfortunate with injuries! A lot of people questioned his attitude but every time i saw him play I thought he put 100% Effort in. I actually thought at one point he'd go for £1million. The difference between our team and Livid though is they seem to have a solid defence .. Well they did last season.

LBut losing Halkett and the other lad is a huge blow I think they will struggle next season.

20 hours ago, Firhillista said:

"Partick Thistle have held talks with Michael Tidser about joining the club.

The midfielder signed a pre-contract with Falkirk but had an option to void if they got relegated, which they did.

Understand he met with Gary Caldwell on Wednesday."

From journalist Euan Booth Robertson on Twitter this afternoon.

Tidser would be a fantastic signing for any team in this league. Looks like he won't be coming back to cappielow.

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Tidser would be a fantastic signing for any team in this league. Looks like he won't be coming back to cappielow.

He's probably got the pick of the Championship and lower Prem - he'll be talking to a few people. 

Morton would probably lose their shit if he signed for us - they'd see it as a downward step. 

24 minutes ago, bad chad said:

He's probably got the pick of the Championship and lower Prem - he'll be talking to a few people. 

Morton would probably lose their shit if he signed for us - they'd see it as a downward step. 

No they wouldn't. Morton and their fans know we're a bigger club than they are...

Pretty sure Caldwell said at his managers evening that pre season training starts this week. Hopefully some signing announcements will be forthcoming now the window is open. Rudden (on loan) and Tidser would be a nice start. Mansell showed enough on his starts to say he could do a job up front where we need, at the very least,  3 new signings!

Edited by Sting777

Think Caldwell said 7 weeks and 2 days so it would be Thursday. I'd certainly take Tidser, tho it's a position we're relatively well covered in. Given that it's public knowledge now his PCA is void it wouldn't surprise me if either Dundee club or the likes of St Mirren / Hamilton/ County are also in for him.