The Partick Thistle thread

Ntambwe was comfortably one of the worst players I've ever seen; he legitimately looked like he'd never been on a football pitch before. The only thing that I can recall on the same level of incompetence as his attempt to mark Dobbie from a throw in was Dave the Ukrainian's rugby tackle at Alloa.

It beggars belief how anyone in the previous management looked at him and thought he was a player. Truly.

Ntambwe was comfortably one of the worst players I've ever seen; he legitimately looked like he'd never been on a football pitch before. The only thing that I can recall on the same level of incompetence as his attempt to mark Dobbie from a throw in was Dave the Ukrainian's rugby tackle at Alloa.
It beggars belief how anyone in the previous management looked at him and thought he was a player. Truly.

This x1000. The fact we had him on-trial for at the start of pre-season and then went back for him is puzzling.

Our summer recruitment was embarrassing.

I like how short the club website announcement is.  I suppose it would have been nonsense to thank him for his contribution, given that he didn't make one. 

An absolute charlatan signed last summer by a panicking manager. Archibald had already shown that he was unable to identify competent footballers,  but was handed the task of squad rebuilding for a "promotion push" anyway.  At least the first team squad now has a right-back... six months into the campaign, with us at the bottom of the league.

Shocking player...his cameo performance in the win against queens was embarrassing...that bad that players were running over to Archie and Paterson to ask what the f**k he was meant to be doing....hopefully more to follow

Keown's deterioration has been incredible, he looked solid in the top 6 season, hardly lost a header for a guy who isn't huge and pretty much everyone thought we'd won a watch getting him back, even for a fee. 

It can't *all* have been Liam Lindsay, can it? 

Osman was at least passable for most of that season. Lindsay was stepping up so losing him would affect any team of our status.

He was no Sean McGinty, that's for sure...

Danny Devine still looked like the useless diddy he was despite playing next to Liam Lindsay, so clearly LL isn't that good that he can just carry anyone that starts beside him.

The Keown case is a strange one, though. No real reason for the level of decline he's faced, as he's still young unlike some of the others mentioned whose form/ability seemed to fall off a cliff.

Total guesswork but.. perhaps Keowns long distance relationship was starting to strain? That could result in not being focused so in turn, dished up crap performances. 

I’m more inclined to think its an off-field issue like that rather than being carried by LL and having an exp Cerny behind him.