The Partick Thistle thread

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

In signing Harkins and Hazard, he’s going for players in positions we don’t realistically need to upgrade. Is Hazard instead of Sneddon going to make much difference? Is Harkins instead of Erskine?

By all means bring in a couple of CBs, a RB, a winger and a striker. These would all strengthen the team. I don’t think these do.

16 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Exactly! Priorities must be at least one central defender (not Scobbie!!!)  in the hope O’Ware might return quicker than anticipated and two strikers. These should have been addressed before the Harkins and anticipated Hazard signings!!

Totally agree. Money will be tight so these signings don’t make much sense to me,other than strengthening the squad if he’s able to move a few on. The manager said we had three scouts down South,but players down there in either lower leagues or non-league are on probably double the money we can offer at least. Then who pays for accommodation up here? Think it’ll be a tough window but hopefully we can pluck a few low cost gems from somewhere. 

Are Quitongo, Scobbie and jeffries away or are their deals until the end of January? Obviously the lack of comment on Quitongo in particular is odd but the lack of comment in general suggests its the latter. I thought loans had to be window to window now. 

One thing worth considering with Scobbie is he's taking up our over 21 domestic loan slot. 

We will find out when the club suddenly drop them from the squad then casually mention it in a post match reaction or something like that. It would be strange for the club loaning them to be happy with players returning at the end of the window as it gives them no time to loan them out again.

I didn't realise until looking him up there that Scobbie is only 30, I had him down as being 34/35 for some reason.

53 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

[cryptic]We are talking to a right back at the moment.[/cryptic]

Christie Elliott...

’Christie, stop giving goals away you sock puppet!’

I think it’s a shame David Rowson left football when he stopped playing. He was a good no nonsense no ego pro.
Bang on Rowser was immense in my eyes and didn't always get the credit that was due to him, what we would do to get a guy like him. Lasting memory was he scored a screamer his first game back after his father passed away. He's living a nice life down south now, so i was told just recently from an aberdonian who went to school with him.

Getting linked with Ally Roy formerly of Derry City and Dumbarton.

He's barely scored in the League of Ireland.

He's tall so probably third choice after Ross Stewart and Conor Shields. 

We're so fucked :green