The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd take Cargill over Keown or McGinty, tbf.

Same. He was our best CB last season, although it was pretty much by default. Being better than Danny Devine and Niall Keown isn't exactly something to stick on the CV.

We should be in the market for a left back as we only have Penrice, and even then there's a school of thought he's better in centre midfield where his lack of pace isn't such an issue. Caldwell was adamant at the Q&A that he's a left back, although christ knows what goes on in his head. If we do sign Harkins I wouldn't rule out him being put back to sweeper to tie in with the "philosophy" 

He also said he sees Storey as a winger yet played him as a striker (with Fitzpatrick) with Doolan playing in behind. The man talks shite.

Slater has been better than Bannigan this season. Bannigan has been responsible for giving away goals, has a poorer disciplinary record and hasn’t scored. Not to say Slater has been great - it’s more that he’s just been one of the less shite people this season.
Thistle fans look fondly upon their own, and it’s good that Bannigan will get a chance to get back to his previous level with us, but I’m not sure there’s any reasonable argument for him having had a better season than Craig Slater.

On those criteria you are probably right about Slater although Slater has been responsible for giving away goals too.
Bannigan finds a Thistle player more often than Slater does in a position to start an attack. It is unfortunate that those attacks come to nothing.

7 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

On those criteria you are probably right about Slater although Slater has been responsible for giving away goals too.
Bannigan finds a Thistle player more often than Slater does in a position to start an attack. It is unfortunate that those attacks come to nothing.

Don’t agree sorry. Bannigan better at tackling, but this season I think Slater been slightly better in most departments. 

Rumour is you're taking Darren O'Dea off our hands come January on a 2 year deal. Would be a bit of a blow as he's proved doubters wrong this season and has become our first choice CH again after looking like he was a goner in August.

Apparently on a massive wage with us though and will allow McIntyre to manoeuvre in January what O'Dea sacrifices money for a bit of longer term security.

I questioned the validity of the rumour but he ran into the crowd and gave a fan his shirt at the end of the game today, it's been all over the Dundee forum as well as me getting told it today at the game.

If it's a lot of shite, I'd be happy as we need him at the moment but thought I'd share regardless.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Rumour is you're taking Darren O'Dea off our hands come January on a 2 year deal. Would be a bit of a blow as he's proved doubters wrong this season and has become our first choice CH again after looking like he was a goner in August.

Apparently on a massive wage with us though and will allow McIntyre to manoeuvre in January what O'Dea sacrifices money for a bit of longer term security.

I questioned the validity of the rumour but he ran into the crowd and gave a fan his shirt at the end of the game today, it's been all over the Dundee forum as well as me getting told it today at the game.

If it's a lot of shite, I'd be happy as we need him at the moment but thought I'd share regardless.

Been said on Wearethistle site that we were rebuffed by your mob.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If he is on a massive wage not sure how we could afford it you guys are a premier league club with very decent attendances, sometimes we only get a third of the crowd that you guys will get

O’Dea, possibly Harkins too

If we’re going for ex Dees’ then can we get Hemmings plox?

Normally I look at O’Dea as a useless knob that Doolan always gets the better of and winds up at the sametime. Thats said, our current CB’s are shit and we could do with a sore loser in the dressing room like O’Dea. 

ETA I’d take McGowan too if McIntyre wants to further rip apart that Dundee team. 

Edited by cilitbang