The Partick Thistle thread

Definitely would want to keep Bannigan, don't think he's near what he used to be (yet?) but he's still good enough. Surprised he remained on the pitch at the Dunfermline game though, so at least that part of his game is coming back.

The list of people other than Bannigan i'd like to stay isn't a long one though,.. 

Penrice
O'Ware
Spittal
McCarthy
Slater
Fitzpatrick
Sneddon
Doolan

Maybe Coulibaly, but it's hard to say, not really seen much. 

Signing an actual right back in January would class though, been a while since we had one. A winger or creative mid would be rather nice as well. 

I actually think Elliott has been a lot better the last few games. The sieve seems to have reduced its flow with Keown out of the team although we’ve been playing with the extra man in the middle the last couple of games. I’d agree we need cover at both full back 

Bannigan needs someone beside him to help with the defensive side of the game, maybe McArthy in the short term.

We can all expect changes over the transfer window. Positive musings, imo, about the budget being agreed for his transfer targets. I’d rather have 3 or 4 proper targets than dredging the free agent/ loan market at the last minute that we’ve endured over recent seasons.

Im actually slightly intrigued to see who Gary Caldwell can persuade to the Palace of Football...

Definitely would want to keep Bannigan, don't think he's near what he used to be (yet?) but he's still good enough. Surprised he remained on the pitch at the Dunfermline game though, so at least that part of his game is coming back.
The list of people other than Bannigan i'd like to stay isn't a long one though,.. 
Penrice
O'Ware
Spittal
McCarthy
Slater
Fitzpatrick
Sneddon
Doolan
Signing an actual right back in January would class though, been a while since we had one. A winger or creative mid would be rather nice as well. 

I agree with that list up to a point but I'm just not ready for life without Chris Erskine. Put him in in place of McCarthy who has the pace of Ross Forbes but sadly not enough footballing ability to compensate.

Penrice

O'Ware

Spittal

McCarthy

Slater

Fitzpatrick

Sneddon

Doolan

I’m not convinced by McCarthy. I’ve no idea what he’s actually good at and, as mentioned previously, he’s so slow. Spittal is a better CM.

23 minutes ago, Reid said:

I’m not convinced by McCarthy. I’ve no idea what he’s actually good at and, as mentioned previously, he’s so slow. Spittal is a better CM.

Agree with this. If McCarthy was a 28 year old signed from Dundee, for example, he’d be a target for the boo boys. No idea what he’s good at other than running around until he gets tired. He also doesn’t look fit - something I’m sure has been alluded to by Archie previously - and for a 19/20 year old who has the chance to make a place in the team his own that’s inexcusable. Would love to be proven wrong by him but I can’t see it. 

I'm one of the few who thought there was a player in Storer somewhere, but his attitude (and ego) was just unmanageable. Going by his social media over the last few months, up until his post today, he seems to think he should've been getting in the team despite getting sent off every 20 minutes and not doing anything of note when he has been on the park. Looks like it'll be English non-league obscurity for him at best for the rest of his career.