The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Cerberus said:

The situation with Penrice annoys me.
He has an fantastic season at Livi in midfield but in order to accommodate Shea Gordon we put Penrice at LB and sit our LB on the bench.

Image result for flap lips gif

If Penrice doesn’t play left back Archie’s next position for him is CB which makes What yor saying even harder to take.

Can you tell what it is yet?

C16898B3-DDBA-4A69-84D1-45E75171391C.jpeg.16f0be071a21dd02667966e400642249.jpegB87B3EF4-D8F6-445B-93AA-4DE373E1C286.thumb.jpeg.c3785c9d5fc18c54aa37ca3fcffe8e81.jpeg7F50264E-EA69-4677-A15C-8457EC6BA17C.jpeg.82378d19a7878dbc19055ea3c259e029.jpeg

Its been a tough year or so on the park but there is good stuff happening at the club. McParland Park is scheduled to be up and running in 12 months. It should be a great facility to put the shine on the excellent work being done at the Thistle Weir Academy. 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Can you tell what it is yet?

C16898B3-DDBA-4A69-84D1-45E75171391C.jpeg.16f0be071a21dd02667966e400642249.jpegB87B3EF4-D8F6-445B-93AA-4DE373E1C286.thumb.jpeg.c3785c9d5fc18c54aa37ca3fcffe8e81.jpeg7F50264E-EA69-4677-A15C-8457EC6BA17C.jpeg.82378d19a7878dbc19055ea3c259e029.jpeg

Its been a tough year or so on the park but there is good stuff happening at the club. McParland Park is scheduled to be up and running in 12 months. It should be a great facility to put the shine on the excellent work being done at the Thistle Weir Academy. 

I take it the coos are not part of the deal. You know, just in case one of them is good with a ball at her feet.

19 hours ago, Rednyella said:

No doubt. the last two minutes of Gerry's update on the website is directed at the fans as social media and forums are incredibly negative regards disappointing recruitment and last weeks result when we had a 2nd bite at the cherry against Ayr and played even worse than in Betfred Cup. Every tweet or FB post Thistle has released has fans trolling about no signings and player budget cuts on them. They've got the message...no doubt. Especially from the season ticket holders I am sure.  

As it is McParland tribute day and first home game it is clear the club doesnt want any booing or negative signs or chants towards Archie and I understand why, to support the players as we need a win. Whilst many are wanting to see another direction and feel Archie's time is up I have never been at a game (outwith the Sandy Clark reign which was a complete unmitigated disaster...showing my age now) where Jags fans at Firhill have chanted to sack the manager or gotten overly vitriolic, Sevco style. Booing yes and it may well be warranted, especially this past year, but never fully fledged activism to get rid of management team and I am glad Gerry had the baws to come on and be video'd answering those fans. Many still won't be pleased but I think it is key to note that the new players and guys who decided to stay like Erskine, Doolan and Elliott should be supported as best we can at weekend.  They love the club and it's not the players we are upset with. It's clear there are some deeper challenges. 

I am prepared to see what happens tomorrow regards the game as it is our 1st league game of season. I always try to feel confident that the team could get a nice result and with McCarthy, Storer and Elliott back in and we have two signings potentially in next couple of days. What a time to be a Jags fan ;-)

I have a particular disliking for Falkirk for no other reason than on of my old teachers at High School was a Bairn. He was a p***k and a terrible teacher. 

This ^^^

apart from the Falkirk teacher thingy,  I went to a good high school Woodside ;-/ ,aw them were the days, anyway mon the Jags, we have been through deeper shit than this, pull together and see the team thru.

3 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

That ex-ICT attacker we were linked with a while back is one of the players we’re close to signing apparently, along with another attacking player.

Gregory Tade is being linked played with Raith and Clyde I can’t honestly remember if he played for Caley?

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

This is the season everything Azeez hits goes in and Cambridge sell him for seven figures. 

What's our sell on %? 

I don't even care. As a statto I'd spunk my load if that happened lol

Edited by jagfox99

Fucking hell, at least we didn't sell him for a knock down price then. 
Oh.
If that's all true (big if) then we'll receive £450,000 top of the reported £350,000 transfer fee making £800,000 in total. Not too bad surely?

14 minutes ago, Walter said:
2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:
Fucking hell, at least we didn't sell him for a knock down price then. 
Oh.

If that's all true (big if) then we'll receive £450,000 top of the reported £350,000 transfer fee making £800,000 in total. Not too bad surely?

How much have St Mirren made from Stevie Mallan? Or even how much did Dundee get for Hendry?

Think that’s fair comparisons (or any others that people want to throw out there)