The Partick Thistle thread

Terrific news that we've offloaded Barton to DUFC.  He had one great season with us, followed immediately by an absolute stinker where he downed tools and hid for about 6 months.  Fantastic to get his inflated wages off the books.  He doesn't like football, or teammates, so good to get rid.

22 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Tell me why.

He actually said it the other day in an interview.

Something along the lines of feeling bad for people that love football but aren't good enough to play it, while he makes a living at it despite not liking it.

Tell me why.

Read the article posted above about him. He hates football and feels like he’s taken someone else’s spot. Look, with Bart’s if he didn’t suffer from depression and as he puts it a weak mind he’d be playing at a much higher level. He’s a cracking player when he cares and wants to give it his all. Sadly, I don’t believe him when he says he gives everything in every game as when your depressed I think it’s impossible to do that. He’ll have good games for you maybe for a while and then like he has done for us and other clubs just capitulate.

I wish him all the best and hope he finds somewhere he can enjoy the game. He certainly did with us in his first season and hope he cherishes that and the top 6 achievement.

Barton is a luxury player.
Great if he’s playing in the right position and surrounded by other good players.

The opposite isn’t worth contemplating.
He was a disgrace in defence and midfield. He’s has absolutely no interest in marking players or running too far.

Sooo, to anyone who was at the game (copyright Jimmy Sanderson from the after life), how did the young goalie work out in the second half?