The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Stuckmann also went on to better things after leaving Thistle. I saw him later that season on the bench as Düsseldorf gained promotion to the Bundesliga.

Did he also not get relagated with Chesterfield to league 2? Sure I saw him.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Apparently Storer will be be signing. Heard he's looked alright in the bounce games despite his awful looking record.

I think I'll head up to the one on Saturday and have a nosey at the trialists.

Will be an interesting one if he does, apparently last year he stormed off the pitch in a game for Macclesfield after fighting with his own player. Sent off in another game and suffering a foot injury after taking it out on an advertising board. But he's young, so maybe his attitude will/has improved. 

For those who haven't seen Storer's meltdown whilst on trial for Macclesfield - link. Hot headed would appear to be about right. Injuring himself kicking advertising boards reminds me of Leigh Griffiths doing similar at Firhill playing for Livi.

On the plus side, he must have something about him to have been on the fringes of a decent Birmingham team under Gary Rowett. Seems like he can play off the front too in a #10 role. If Archie is able to manage him in a similar fashion to Gary Fraser, he might prove to be a shrewd signing. Slightly worried though that teams will target him - a few experienced campaigners in the league who will know how to noise him up.

We certainly need a couple of headbangers in the team, so if he signs all we need is another in midfield. Anyway, anyone got details of Saturday's game. Who we playing and when does it kick off (not talking about Jack Storer)

1 hour ago, Armand 2 said:

For those who haven't seen Storer's meltdown whilst on trial for Macclesfield - link. Hot headed would appear to be about right. Injuring himself kicking advertising boards reminds me of Leigh Griffiths doing similar at Firhill playing for Livi.

On the plus side, he must have something about him to have been on the fringes of a decent Birmingham team under Gary Rowett. Seems like he can play off the front too in a #10 role. If Archie is able to manage him in a similar fashion to Gary Fraser, he might prove to be a shrewd signing. Slightly worried though that teams will target him - a few experienced campaigners in the league who will know how to noise him up.

Willo Flood has already shat it 

14 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

We certainly need a couple of headbangers in the team, so if he signs all we need is another in midfield. Anyway, anyone got details of Saturday's game. Who we playing and when does it kick off (not talking about Jack Storer)

Raith ,12 .00, science park

2 hours ago, Jag0001 said:

Looks to be a bit of manic: getting sent off as much as he has scored and fighting with his own team mate. Instead of a lunatic in midfield we might have one up front.

If we tolerate this our children will be next...

1 hour ago, John MacLean said:

Please let the season start. I can't put up with the 'silly season' any more. I've just read someone wondering if we should swap Stevie Lawless for Wilo Flood. I can see a few snags with that potential swap deal. 

Would Stevie be up for a last minute swap to Bali? Flood would fit in better in Patrick though, it has to be said. Almost translucent with sunken eyes. 

6 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Well, his scoring record for a forward is next to honking and his attitude, judging by that report and video, is honkinger. Always good to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Not sure what to make of him.

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Fly headbangers - not ones that get caught or walk off in the strunts.