The Partick Thistle thread

I think I'd ditch most of these wasters whatever happens next season. 

Keep Erskine, Doolan, Penrice, McCarthy, Cerny, Elliott, Bannigan(on a 6 month deal) and two or three others, and then ditch the rest. 

We could do with signing a few nutjobs. We've been soft for years but managed to get round that by playing good football, which we haven't done for a good while now. 

Still think we're in this, especially if Erskine is back as we lacked any direct running last night. Hopefully Keown will be fit too, just so we never have to see Danny Devine play for us ever again.

Been a dreadful season whatever happens, though.

11 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Erskine must start we created absolutely f**k all tonight at least he will try and run at their defence! 

Is Livingstons pitch a lot smaller than ours, or did it just seem that way because there Players won every ball in the middle of the park.

I believe not actually much difference, I think theirs is the same width and ours is slightly longer (heh heh) so I guess, they just need to punt long balls slightly harder and they should be fine. 

But I think they crowded the midfield, stopped us being able to pass the ball about, leaving us to resort to puntery as well. Good tactic from them tbh. 

They always crowd the midfield though, we knew it would happen as did everyone on here yet the manager somehow didn't and was surprised we had to resort to long balls. 

Archie had all week to come up with a plan to play against a midfield that presses well and fights for every 2nd ball and that team was his answer. It'd be funny if it wasn't so depressing.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The Sun has us after Callum Booth - Any good?

Not really no. 

I prepare to be corrected by someone but I always get the impression we concede a lot of goals either down his side or because he loses his man and the other defenders have to  cover for him and he loves giving away penalties and free kicks just outside the box. 

The fact we were wanting him to be fit for the playoff games is more out necessity and because Archibald won't play Penrice who I'd much rather we gave a chance next season than Booth regardless of which division we're in.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Upgrade on Kevin Holt but I don't think that's saying much tbh. He is a decent enough player for this level, but he switches off and is liable to become a boo boys favourite with silly mistakes.

Agree with everything Pie said. Penrice is our future LB/LWB and anything he could learn from Booth he can learn from asking Archie.

30 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not really no. 

I prepare to be corrected by someone but I always get the impression we concede a lot of goals either down his side or because he loses his man and the other defenders have to  cover for him and he loves giving away penalties and free kicks just outside the box. 

The fact we were wanting him to be fit for the playoff games is more out necessity and because Archibald won't play Penrice who I'd much rather we gave a chance next season than Booth regardless of which division we're in.

What he said. 

Wouldn't be sorry to see him go. 

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Remember the time Archie was nominated for manager of the year? :lol:

For getting 6th? :lol:

That's almost as bad as Dundee spunking 23M to get 5th.

At Least Archie's not a fat fucking grass. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In short, no. Offers a decent threat going forward as he’s always been pretty good at carrying the ball, but his positioning is dreadful and as POTM alluded to we frequently concede goals from down his side. Also gives away a load of penalties because wingers turn him inside out so easily.

If you’re intent on being a bottom 6 club going forward he’d be an alright signing, but I’d guess you should be aiming higher.

2 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Remember that time where everyone enjoyed their thread being taken over by tedious St Johnstone/Dundee posts?

Me neither. 

Not to worry, you won't need to worry about us next season. 

36 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Put me back on ignore you utter cretin.

You're on permanent ignore you creepy c**t, same as Boredom, although occasionally I'll have a read of the pish you type. Hope that clears everything up. Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not to worry, you won't need to worry about us next season. 

We both know that isn't true considering in the past week you've posted in the Dundee Utd, St Mirren, Falkirk Dunfermline and Queen of the South threads.

We'll probably need to fold to get rid of you. 

26 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You're on permanent ignore you creepy c**t, same as Boredom, although occasionally I'll have a read of the pish you type. Hope that clears everything up. Thank you.

It's not permanent then you thick inbred Carnoustie c**t, hope that clears that up for you, imbecile.