The Partick Thistle thread

One of those is very unlikely to happen. I guess this season has been defined by Alan's ability to put together a strong second string squad.

One good thing to come from yesterday was Devine being suspended. I honestly don't think he would start for any team the league below except Brechin or Dumbarton. A total liability, and an Archibald favourite. 

Osman needs papped out the team as well just now. A total shadow of the player he was. Ballin' for some English non-league muck and selling t-shirts in 6 months, IMO.

One good thing to come from yesterday was Devine being suspended. I honestly don't think he would start for any team the league below except Brechin or Dumbarton. A total liability, and an Archibald favourite. 
Osman needs papped out the team as well just now. A total shadow of the player he was. Ballin' for some English non-league muck and selling t-shirts in 6 months, IMO.

I actually thought Devine was having a relatively good game by his standards yesterday until he made a complete c**t of it. He is, however, utterly dreadful. Archie’s persistence with him is so frustrating.

I think everyone, including Abdul himself, knows he won’t be at Firhill next season, regardless of what league we’re in.

He was excellent in the 1st half was putting in a few very good tackles. I reckon it must be sitting behind the goal that skews your view, as I had no idea until I seen the highlights that he had a part in selling the 1st goal. Then the needless red card.

Seen Archie's comments on Sportscene that he won't waste his time chapping the refs door. I mean, its not going to be overturned, but could he be anymore passive in his interviews? They're a write off of cliches. Its not just the players who need motivating just now, its the fans.

2 hours ago, Snakebite said:

He was excellent in the 1st half was putting in a few very good tackles. I reckon it must be sitting behind the goal that skews your view, as I had no idea until I seen the highlights that he had a part in selling the 1st goal. Then the needless red card.

Seen Archie's comments on Sportscene that he won't waste his time chapping the refs door. I mean, its not going to be overturned, but could he be anymore passive in his interviews? They're a write off of cliches. Its not just the players who need motivating just now, its the fans.

He's never really had any passion. Every defeat is "disappointing".

He has 7 games to avoid the sack and at least 3 of those are against teams that have nothing to play for.
I would expect him to whip the players into a mad frenzy.

He won't though. We'll be powder-puff as usual.

9 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

We lose this game and we’re finishing bottom 2 and County have advantage. It’s looking extremely depressing at this moment. ☹️

Fed up listening to the players saying on Jagzone that they know what's at stake. It's time for them to keep their traps shut and get on that pitch tomorrow night and put it into practice. I think we played pretty well on Saturday and we were looking comfortable up until the controversy at the 70th minute. Have always had my worries about Scully but if Tomas is out we need him  to perform tomorrow.  The time for bullshitting is over, we need every player turning up tomorrow!

Edited by Sting777

On 31 March 2018 at 16:33, Thistle_do_nicely said:

a heavy defeat against County and Archie is gone, methinks. If he's not gone already, that is.

Unless he walks of his own accord, I would say the chances of that happening are zilch. We are not a sacking club so we won't ditch a manager with 6 games left. Pretty sure if we do go down the board will be happy to give him to December to see if he can make amends. If we are struggling he will be gone!

Edited by Sting777