The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

There's a young Jags fan who joined WAT around the same time that you joined P&B. Coincidentally, he also says he's from the 'Leafy West End' and his birthday is tomorrow. He's 20 though, not 13. Hope you both have a Happy Birthday.

Thanks! :P #Exposed

Edited by MARYHILLISWONDERFUL

1 hour ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

It's not though, you get all laid back, long lies till 10 then all of a sudden you're waking up at 7 and walking to school in the freezing cold rain, so you go into class and then it starts, WORK, GO HOME, WORK, GO HOME, WORK, GO HOME!!! It gets so tedious. This has turned into a bit of a rant but I don't care, oh and before it inevitably appears this is nothing to do with a s***ey Christian mingle thread. ( Btw guaranteed the first comment is Christian mingle thread for this)

Wait till you've got a job, and then it's 9-5 or longer instead of 9-3, and you actually have some real work to do.

Kids these days, etc etc.

6 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Archie said on Friday that bar a few possibly leaving on loan we're probably done for the window. Assuming that those possibly leaving are the likes of Nisbet, mclaughlin and maybe Mccarthy?

Would think McLaughlin an absolute certainty, McCarthy probably as well especially if Fraser does actually get back fit. Before last Friday I'd have expected us to sign one striker and Nisbet to stay and be 3rd choice while playing as an overage player in the DL but with him being 4th choice now his best option might be a loan move. Wouldn't wholly surprise me if he moved on permanently either.

Penrice would be another but he's arguably the closest of the lot to the first team, though if Booth did get injured Elliott would probably move across and Nitriansky would play RB.

Apparently Nitrianksy can cover at left back in addition to Christie and Turnbull. I imagine Penrice will go out to a Championship club towards the end of the month.

Given the opportunity again, I think we would have put Nisbet to a League 1 team last year. It was always going to be a struggle at Ayr and I think he might have benefited more from playing at a level lower for a team challenging at the top end of the table. I think we might bear that in mind when deciding where to put McLaughlin. McCall fancied him for Ayr and that would be a decent move this time.

Lamont has come up on the blind side somewhat for me and is looking like a real prospect according to regular attendees of development games. I suspect he might go out on a development loan, as might Jamie Sneddon.

Can't see McCarthy going at this moment unless we decide to bring in another midfielder.

Apparently Nitrianksy can cover at left back in addition to Christie and Turnbull. I imagine Penrice will go out to a Championship club towards the end of the month.
Given the opportunity again, I think we would have put Nisbet to a League 1 team last year. It was always going to be a struggle at Ayr and I think he might have benefited more from playing at a level lower for a team challenging at the top end of the table. I think we might bear that in mind when deciding where to put McLaughlin. McCall fancied him for Ayr and that would be a decent move this time.
Lamont has come up on the blind side somewhat for me and is looking like a real prospect according to regular attendees of development games. I suspect he might go out on a development loan, as might Jamie Sneddon.
Can't see McCarthy going at this moment unless we decide to bring in another midfielder.

Lamont was the stand out of the under 20s that came on against Dumbarton

3 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

He should skoosh it. I hope.

So do I, although why we need another striker when there are obvious deficiencies in defence is somewhat more of a mystery. 

He'll need to be some boy to dislodge McDonald, Smith and Kavanagh from the front line. And we've still got Andy Little to come back from injury. 

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

So do I, although why we need another striker when there are obvious deficiencies in defence is somewhat more of a mystery. 

He'll need to be some boy to dislodge McDonald, Smith and Kavanagh from the front line. And we've still got Andy Little to come back from injury. 

Don't see Archibald letting him go on loan to you unless he's been given some guarantees on playing time and position

10 hours ago, professor challenger said:

Don't see Archibald letting him go on loan to you unless he's been given some guarantees on playing time and position

Aye, you'd think so. All our strikers bang on form at the moment though, will be interesting to see who drops out. 

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Aye, you'd think so. All our strikers bang on form at the moment though, will be interesting to see who drops out. 

Think he could play behind a front man too. Anyway good luck to him and the Binos :thumsup2