The Partick Thistle thread

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

They were kicking off at midnight when The Sun story broke emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Other than RandomGuy having a wee tizzy, I don't see any posts that even closely resemble a breakdown. If you want to see St Johnstone fans having a collective breakdown, join the St Johnstone banter twitter page. 

Other than RandomGuy having a wee tizzy, I don't see any posts that even closely resemble a breakdown. If you want to see St Johnstone fans having a collective breakdown, join the St Johnstone banter twitter page. 

Quite..

35bf59508c14feb3b77aa87ff3d90f6d.jpg

WAP was what I was talking about ...

At no point in any post have I mentioned training facilities.
im struggling to understand your point though. We signed players with Firhill looking the way it does. Those players have signed new contracts with us, with Fithill looking the way it does. 

My point is simple (or at least I thought it was): IN THE FUTURE we'll either be 'an established Scottish Premiership professional football club', or 'a professional football club currently playing in the Scottish Premiership'. Whichever one it is will depend on how professional the club is. The majority of that professionalism HAS to rely on the team that's put on the pitch, but that, in turn, depends on the club having the right training facilities and infrastructure in place. If we're going to become an established top flight club, a fixture in the top division, and, God help us, occasional winners of cup competitions and participants in European football, then we NEED a set up that facilitates that and that includes a redeveloped stadium. I know our current players signed up with Firhill as it is and I'll be delighted if Miles Storey signs without being put off by the Bing, but I still think the next step for the club after the construction of the training ground is a new, reinvented Firhill. Like I said, simple... [emoji6]

35 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Quite..

35bf59508c14feb3b77aa87ff3d90f6d.jpg

For all the good work done by Geoff Brown, we had years of running a losses under him and sold our best players (Griffin, Wright, Inglis, Dodds) for significant fees to balance the books.

Rather than operating at a substantial loss under Steve Brown, we've posted a profit for the last three years. And rather than TW getting nothing, our staff costs have soared. This year will see them rise further: O'Halloran and Scougall won't be cheap.

If Thistle beat us to Storey good luck to them. But if he was ever a target for Saints, the question why we let Kane go before it was tied up is one that shouldn't be levelled at the board.

For all the good work done by Geoff Brown, we had years of running a losses under him and sold our best players (Griffin, Wright, Inglis, Dodds) for significant fees to balance the books.
Rather than operating at a substantial loss under Steve Brown, we've posted a profit for the last three years. And rather than TW getting nothing, our staff costs have soared. This year will see them rise further: O'Halloran and Scougall won't be cheap.
If Thistle beat us to Storey good luck to them. But if he was ever a target for Saints, the question why we let Kane go before it was tied up is one that shouldn't be levelled at the board.

St Johnstone thread for this pish.