The Partick Thistle thread

How did Turnbull look for those at the game? Commentary said he looks like another astute signing

Absolutely strolled it. Won everything in the air, comfortable on the ball. Him and keown as a defensive pair will boss most teams.

Well done Thistle. Players seemed to want it more and actually seemed like they were a team too. 

We we're all over the place. Decision making every time a disaster. Picked the wrong pass, went long when we should of put our foot on the ball then over played it when having great chances to shoot in and around the box. 

Whereas Thistle were the opposite. We could have still been playing now and not scored.

Thought Thistle did great last night - played well but looked toothless until the pen but after that they took Saints to the cleaners. Turnbull very impressive on his debut and what a goal from Edwards.

598aa2957eaaa_08-08-2017-StJohnstonevPartick-dy-00128.thumb.JPG.011c0077b1b1a829b216290a9b6bf761.JPG

Nice pic David. Thank you. [emoji106]

11 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Not sure you can say Turnbull more than replaces Lindsay based on one game. And if we bring in another Henoc Mukendi, then that's not an upgrade on Azeez.

My assertion isn't really based on the game it's based on his career so far and the teams he's played for, I mean he must be decent if he was in the Southampton academy which the likes of Shaw and Ward-Prowse have came through.

Saw Edwards's goal on Twitter and its a fucking belter. Although I'm critical of him he does hit those dipping long range efforts now and then and only just come short. Glad one finally went in.

3 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Saw Edwards's goal on Twitter and its a fucking belter. Although I'm critical of him he does hit those dipping long range efforts now and then and only just come short. Glad one finally went in.

Do you have a link for it? I've still not seen it!

35 minutes ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

My assertion isn't really based on the game it's based on his career so far and the teams he's played for, I mean he must be decent if he was in the Southampton academy which the likes of Shaw and Ward-Prowse have came through.

That logic doesn't work at all.

Mind we signed that guy who'd be captain of his team at the Barcelona academy? 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

As much as I'm not his biggest fan, it comes as little surprise that Edwards looked infinitely better in a more advanced role where he has less tactical responsibility.

Nisbet did a good job of clamping most of us so fair play to the boy, and may it continue on Friday.

From the highlights, I thought we were rather fortunate not to concede on two occasions - header from Wotherspoon where Keown completely lost him and when O'Halloran (or Cummins, perhaps) drew Turnbull out who then didn't follow the run. From reports though, it sounds like Turnbull showed up well and I suspect that as unjust as it may be, Devine might be on the outside looking in for the time being irrespective of last night's injury.

1 hour ago, Maine said:

Are there any highlights of the game last night?

On Jagzone. I bit the bullet and bought a subscription last night just to see those wonderful highlights.

Think SPFL on YouTube will have them up soon, though.

1 hour ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Kevin McKinley was on the books at Chelsea.

As was Andy Ross. Reserve team captain too, if I recall.

Also, slightly off topic but tenuously linked to the above - remember when Gerry Collins signed Eddie Forrest out of pity because his pal done him with an absolute stoater of a bam-up.

Link.

Edited by Armand 2

On Jagzone. I bit the bullet and bought a subscription last night just to see those wonderful highlights.
Think SPFL on YouTube will have them up soon, though.

[emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] subscribing supports the club. Jagzone is actually very well done with interviews, highlights, audio commentary, full games and a few other perks. Excellent if you can't make games or want to see more than the shitey SPFL highlights or sportscene 30 seconds we usually get.

I've bitten the bullet and subscribed to Jagzone this season. It seems expensive when you add it to the cost of your season ticket but I've rationalised it as costing the same as a soy milk latte and an oat and acai berry flapjack per month, so I'm cool with that.