The Partick Thistle thread

Another Bohemian rocks up to Firhill...
3944461d6e740cf1aeb5a2b42135be87.jpg
With Slovan Liberic and Bohemians1905 last season. Not a lot of games played.
Year before was with US Avellino in serie B.
#Baller

10 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Never heard of him but excited to have a foreign striker again. The last foreign striker I remember us signing was Ramon - he was brilliant (for a wee while...) More of the same please Nitriansky (for longer than the first 8 weeks of the season...)

You do know he's a right-back

The Bohemka reference is a touch misleading in that Nitrianský signed for them in January and did not feature in any game for them for the second half of the season. This should perhaps raise some alarm bells as they avoided the drop from the Czech first league by a grand total of one point (you've got to feel for Hradec Králové, who went down on goal difference). Previous to that was a year and a bit with Slovan Liberec, who last season were a shadow of their former selves and finished mid-table, where they usually are in the top four or so. 

Positives for this signing is the solid record that Nitrianský enjoyed in four years at Slavia Prague, however this was during some of the worst times in the club's history where they nearly got relegated. There are some pertinent similarities with the Scottish game in that he is a typical Czech RB in that he is a physical presence, and not (if I am led to believe) one of these guys whose going to bomb it upfield and try to grab goals. If you're looking at a player to try and sure things up at the back I can see this working out.

19 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

After last season, I take it we're back to being cuddly since we rolled over and let Hearts switch their scheduled home fixture? I had hospitality provisionally in the diary for the November fixture but irrespective of that, playing them at a neutral venue like Murrayfield might have taken the home advantage benefit away from Hearts. Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers would appear to have told them to away f*ck themselves.

As the club only takes money from the home game I imagine they're delighted it's September and not November.

This lad looks like a unit and has a decent CV. You'd think judging by his physical presence he'd be able to fill at CB when we're a bit short there too. 

Elliott has nailed down the RB spot for me just now, so we don't need to exactly fling him in while he settles in. I was expecting a Keith Watson type signing, but this boy's resume shites on his. 

2 hours ago, Menzel said:

The Bohemka reference is a touch misleading in that Nitrianský signed for them in January and did not feature in any game for them for the second half of the season. This should perhaps raise some alarm bells as they avoided the drop from the Czech first league by a grand total of one point (you've got to feel for Hradec Králové, who went down on goal difference). Previous to that was a year and a bit with Slovan Liberec, who last season were a shadow of their former selves and finished mid-table, where they usually are in the top four or so. 

Positives for this signing is the solid record that Nitrianský enjoyed in four years at Slavia Prague, however this was during some of the worst times in the club's history where they nearly got relegated. There are some pertinent similarities with the Scottish game in that he is a typical Czech RB in that he is a physical presence, and not (if I am led to believe) one of these guys whose going to bomb it upfield and try to grab goals. If you're looking at a player to try and sure things up at the back I can see this working out.

We've signed the Czech Gary Miller

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

This lad looks like a unit and has a decent CV. You'd think judging by his physical presence he'd be able to fill at CB when we're a bit short there too. 

Elliott has nailed down the RB spot for me just now, so we don't need to exactly fling him in while he settles in. I was expecting a Keith Watson type signing, but this boy's resume shites on his. 

Just need a striker now!