The Partick Thistle thread

On 28/07/2017 at 22:36, Armand 2 said:

Lee Erwin is a heed-the-baw bevvy merchant. Killie will soon find that out.

He does have a reputation for that and to be fair I don't doubt that he is a wee fanny, but he does look a pretty decent player tbf. 

He is really skilful and quick for a big guy and likes to have a shot. I reckon between the strikers us and yourselves have been linked with (Erwin, Storey, Graham, Sammon etc) I would have liked to have Erwin the most. 

He's a slightly better version of Azeez. I want him back, but our because you automatically romanticise him in your head because he's so loveable. In reality he'll spend most games offside, giving away fouls and missing sitters.

Also, when SOD played for yous was he quite a confidence player? I remember that he was pretty decent going forward but every game he's played for us so far he starts shaky and then the fans get on his back. Once that happens he looks afraid to get forward, rather than sprint up the wing he just stops and looks for a pass. 

As the game went on yesterday you could see he was becoming more comfortable because we were winning and he then started to put a few good balls in. 

3 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Also, when SOD played for yous was he quite a confidence player? I remember that he was pretty decent going forward but every game he's played for us so far he starts shaky and then the fans get on his back. Once that happens he looks afraid to get forward, rather than sprint up the wing he just stops and looks for a pass. 

As the game went on yesterday you could see he was becoming more comfortable because we were winning and he then started to put a few good balls in. 

The difference between a confident Stephen O’Donnell and a crowd-harassed one is a chasm.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

The difference between a confident Stephen O’Donnell and a crowd-harassed one is a chasm.

Had a feeling it'd be like that. Boy will struggle at Rugby Park then that's for sure. 

Just now, Nadroj said:

I think he had a shouting match with Jig at the end of the game too. Was about to be hooked and then the game ended, hopefully he's not got an attitude although he doesn't seem that kind of player. 

Wouldn’t have said he had an attitude at Thistle. Just does much better when people are patient with him.

I've never seen a player have more self-doubt at Firhill than SOD. The reason he did so well with us is because (the majority of) our fans were pretty patient with him. If he makes a mistake, especially early on in a game, it takes him a very long time to recover. When he's confident, he's one of the best attacking full-backs in the league.

I'm sure there was something about O'Donnell being particularly nervous, like when he was told he was playing right wing against Dunfermline and he had to be convinced he could do it, then he utterly ragdolled their makeshift left back and we won 5-1.

Think if we did get Tade he'd be able to play out wide as well? A better version of Azeez i.e. one that can put the ball in the net is pretty much what we needed and his record at Cluj was good, but 12 top flight goal in 2 seasons with ICT / St J (albeit a few years ago) isn't that great. 

Wouldn’t have said he had an attitude at Thistle. Just does much better when people are patient with him.

Don't recall him getting any sort of hassle from fans.

As has been said, he was the stereotypical confidence player. And going by chats I'd had with a former player it wouldn't just last for one game.

His head could be down for weeks, in a huff and falling out with the world, until he was back in the team.

58 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Don't recall him getting any sort of hassle from fans.

As has been said, he was the stereotypical confidence player. And going by chats I'd had with a former player it wouldn't just last for one game.

His head could be down for weeks, in a huff and falling out with the world, until he was back in the team.

Yeah I wasn't implying otherwise. He was very responsive to even low-level frustration though.