The Partick Thistle thread

43 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I'd rather have kept Sean Welsh and binned Edwards.

I could still see Welsh signing up with us for the start of the league campaign. I'm a little surprised he hasn't been picked up yet, tbh. 

A forward, a defender and a Welsh would fill out the squad quite acceptably at this stage of the season. One must dream...

I heard from a friend who knows him that not one club has offered Welsh a contract. He's made of glass, he wouldn't pass a medical and this last injury has shown that he is a baw hair from retirement. So he might as well retire or he could suffer lasting consequences.
Could be bollocks but it's what I've heard this summer.

6 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

I heard from a friend who knows him that not one club has offered Welsh a contract. He's made of glass, he wouldn't pass a medical and this last injury has shown that he is a baw hair from retirement. So he might as well retire or he could suffer lasting consequences.
Could be bollocks but it's what I've heard this summer.

It was well publicised when he got injured with us vs Hearts in the first season up that he suffers from Haematoma, so a dead leg which might rule someone else out for a week would rule him out for ... six weeks. If we can sell Ryan Edwards to a local dental modelling agency I'd probably take him back but much more pressing needs in the squad.

Edited by Fuctifano

Edwards tends to do better against the better teams where he can close down the opposition with his energy unfortunately he lacks creativity it seems, although he played a cheeky chipped pass through to Doolan today. His General pass completion is abysmal though.

Edwards is garbage but that doesn't means we should be re-signing Welsh who is also garbage. Edwards is busy and OK at a lot of things without being great at anything.

He's more in the Motherwell bracker of Reading players like Zak Jules as opposed to our Niall Keown.

I don't think Edwards is garbage. Tad harsh considering his good season he just had. He had some great games last year, showed he has a very high fitness level, is very professional and can play the game well. It's preseason and he deserves to show us if he can do the same this coming season.

Probably adding 2+2 and ending up with 5, but Stranraer posted a picture of their ex-player Gregory Tade in the crowd at Firhill yesterday. Can't imagine he was there just to cheer them on.

I wonder whether he is one of the signings on the way. Currently a free agent, and I think would be an upgrade on Azeez. Was a hugely effective player towards the end of his spell in Scottish football, done quite well abroad, and would help compensate for the lack of power we have in the team at the moment.

You will fucking love Tade. One of the most enigmatic, entertaining players I've ever seen play for us. I'd be very jealous if you signed him as I've been secretly hoping we'd bring him in all summer.