The Partick Thistle thread

tenor.gif

Not bad.

Spittal , Erskine and Lawless all did well in support of Doolan. St Mirren were chasing shadows at times, especially in the first half. I don't know if we're really good or they are an utter gang? Possibly a bit of both.

The Super Blair Spittal goal after Osman got sent off was fucking great. 

Finnie seemed a bit Card happy to me, as our first four fouls all resulted in cards and the sending off. Not sure if they were wrong in their own right but some of the Saints cloggers were giving away fouls but no subsequent cards.

Night and day from last week and we closed out the game relatively well even though we needed a Cerny special to keep the hapless visitors from scoring.

Not bad.

2 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

You will need to wait for him to get back from the game as he is a better fan than you.

Nah us winning comfrotably today doesn't detract from the fact we drew then lost on penalties in our fact game of the season or lost pre-season games. Archie out and all that.

5 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Nah us winning comfrotably today doesn't detract from the fact we drew then lost on penalties in our fact game of the season or lost pre-season games. Archie out and all that.

Only digging you up because you still have Azeez as your avatar..

Only one game to go on so far but Spittal looks a much bigger upgrade on Amoo than I thought.

Amoo was very much an individual who needed the right ball played to him, but Spittal is more interchangeable in the front four and more able to combine with others and contribute to attacks. Also carries the ball well and his two finishes today showed real technique.
Given Erskine and Lawless were our only real 'flair' players behind Doolan last season, having another could make a real difference.

Booth continues to worry me though. I don't think he successfully defended a single 1v1 in the second half, and St Mirren often had acres of space to cross from the right. Cerny saved his skin on several occasions. We really need an upgrade there but won't get one.

Agree with AMMjag. Had heard Spittal's pace was poor and was expecting him to be Forbes-like, but his turn of pace was pretty good. He was unlucky not to get his hat-trick today.

I do worry about us defensively. Even when Keown returns we need another centre back.

41 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Hey diddums.

Do you rewrite history a lot? 

As good & as comfortable a win against a team that won more than they lost last season was, my point still stands.  

& I'll never ever be as good a fan as you. I've accepted that long ago.

IMG_0191.GIF

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Well done on figuring out how to post gifs, now try to post them when they are relevant you fucking moron.

Looking forward to you meltdown abou how shite we are my lovely x

Aw diddums. Still the school holidays I know but try read what I said & keep your dummy in. Didn't need to figure out either diddums. Posted plenty gifs on here over past cpl years. 

IMG_5819.GIF