The Partick Thistle thread

Obvious statement is obvious but that's excellent news. Of the senior players, he was the only one (and I include Edwards in this) who was out of contract in 2018 that I wanted to see get an extension before the season kicked off.

Everyone else out of contract before summer 2019 has something to prove in terms of fitness (Dumbuya, Bannigan, Fraser) , regaining form (Devine, Osman, Lawless, Booth), or ability to cut it at this level (Scully*, Nisbet).

*I know he was coming onto a game when he got injured, but still...

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I assume it's your first team coming to play us tomorrow? Any chance of our apparent loanee in waiting, James Penrice, getting a game?

He's featured quite a bit for us in preseason so far, often at CB as we've had a real shortage there. Not sure if Keown will have joined up with the team yet and be available for tomorrow, but if not there's a very good chance Penrice will play again, either in the middle or at his natural LB (where he'd share time with Booth).

Fantastic news about big Tam Cerny. Best keeper we've had at Thistle in a long, long time.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He's featured quite a bit for us in preseason so far, often at CB as we've had a real shortage there. Not sure if Keown will have joined up with the team yet and be available for tomorrow, but if not there's a very good chance Penrice will play again, either in the middle or at his natural LB (where he'd share time with Booth).

Fantastic news about big Tam Cerny. Best keeper we've had at Thistle in a long, long time.

Excellent to hear he can fill in at centre back too, can see that being handy for us. Hopefully it goes through.

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Excellent to hear he can fill in at centre back too, can see that being handy for us. Hopefully it goes through.

I haven't seen him play there as I've not seen a preseason game yet, and so can't really comment, but he doesn't look like he'd work at CB. He's pretty small and slight - it just doesn't seem like a natural fit. But at least he'll have some experience there if you ever needed him to play there (if you do end up loaning him).

19 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Getting linked with Miles Storey along with a host of other Scottish clubs. More plausible than the MOH story.
Source: BBC Gossip (Scottish Sun)

On 07/07/2017 at 03:07, Rednyella said:

If you listen during that Jagzone video of foot volleyball where Lawless overhead kicks it, they shout "Miles, Miles". Listen closely.
Now I don't want to sound like a hypocrite spouting unsolicited nonsense, but the only Miles I know in Scottish football currently, is Storey up in Aberdeen.

emoji848.pngHmmm...is that the mysterious body? Could he be in talks with us and down in Essex training with us this week?

Nah highly doubt it. Ignore me. Don't see it. emoji57.png Does sound like they are shouting that though.

Yep, that's Dumbuya out and from what I hear, I don't think we'll be seeing him much before the New Year. I thought we should have probably cut our losses on him this summer and this drives that home. Particularly irksome that we'll be in the market for a full-back now and guys like SOD and Nicky Devlin (who we were credited with an interest in last year) have moved elsewhere.

SOD's off. You have to move on.

I was looking forward to seeing Dumbuya back to 100% and tearing up the wing terrorising opposition full backs. His leg issues must be due to how much stress they are put under with his speed. Wouldn't like to see him go, but we need to get at least 3/4 of a season out of him.

I would take Keith Watson as a short term loan, but we've seen how we struggle when we sign full backs that aren't as athletic as we'd like.

It's hard to blame Dumbuya too much, but he's becoming a bit of a liability.

From ptfc.co.uk:

“We may have to go out and get a full-back now which we weren’t planning on. We were happy to go into the season with Dumbuya, Booth, Elliott and Penrice – loan dependant. We also have to look at options up front because suddenly we only have one striker who’s scored a Premiership goal so we will be looking in the market.”