The Partick Thistle thread

14 hours ago, Rednyella said:

This thread is painful.

8 hours ago, Rednyella said:

If you listen during that Jagzone video of foot volleyball where Lawless overhead kicks it, they shout "Miles, Miles". Listen closely.
Now I don't want to sound like a hypocrite spouting unsolicited nonsense, but the only Miles I know in Scottish football currently, is Storey up in Aberdeen.

emoji848.pngHmmm...is that the mysterious body? Could he be in talks with us and down in Essex training with us this week?

Nah highly doubt it. Ignore me. Don't see it. emoji57.png Does sound like they are shouting that though.

7 hours ago, Rednyella said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1251518/partick-thistle-want-rangers-outcast-michael-ohalloran-as-st-johnstone-remain-in-the-hunt/#comments

Seems talks are happening.

Who'd want to leave the luxury of Glasgow and go back to Perth?

Would he be a decent option? Any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Ah it was worth a shot to stir the pot of this thread some more. Well aware it isn't Miles Storey. emoji57.png

He'd be a decent signing tbf.

I wouldn't touch that lazy bugger O'Halloran with a 100ft barge pole.

This thread is painful.

I'd probably take O'Halloran, for all that Azeez and Amoo weren't good enough they did have pace and we may just have the slowest front 4 in the league as it stands. I'd imagine English clubs will be able to take on a higher chunk of his wages tho. 

We're in the fortunate position to be able to field a relatively strong starting lineup as it is with no new arrivals. We need more bodies but Archie has always delivered and I've no doubt he'll do so again. 

However there's being considered with your transfer activity and then there's being ponderous - and I think we need to be careful that we don't fall into the latter. The extra time afforded by the top half finish appears to have been squandered somewhat and it would seem we've been left with our dick in our hand on the injury front again.

http://www.footballinsider247.com/rangers-outcast-radar-two-top-flight-clubs-report/

Another article / report. May well just be O'Halloran's agent drumming up speculations but he's the type of player that would fit our way of playing. He was one of the last semi talented players to play at St Johnstone as now they are just hammer throwers under Wright.

In his current lazy state and perceived poor attitude i am skeptical but if Archie can get him back to the way he was pre-Ibrox move then he's a very good player.

Not sure how we'd afford his wages though? Article suggests Rangers just want him off the wage bill. He'd take a considerable cut coming to us or St Johnstone. England might be a better place for him.

55 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

However there's being considered with your transfer activity and then there's being ponderous - and I think we need to be careful that we don't fall into the latter. The extra time afforded by the top half finish appears to have been squandered somewhat 

I agree somewhat, but out of all our rivals signings so far, how many would you have taken?

Only person I can think of is Scougall but Saints we're working on that for ages + offered EL. 

Except Celtic, everyone would have taken Keown. 

Assuming both arse cheeks, both Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen aren't operating in same market, I'd have taken Scougall and Allan no questions asked. In an ideal world I'd have found a place for SOD too but barring injuries we're covered at full back. 

1 hour ago, Armand 2 said:

We're in the fortunate position to be able to field a relatively strong starting lineup as it is with no new arrivals. We need more bodies but Archie has always delivered and I've no doubt he'll do so again. 

However there's being considered with your transfer activity and then there's being ponderous - and I think we need to be careful that we don't fall into the latter. The extra time afforded by the top half finish appears to have been squandered somewhat and it would seem we've been left with our dick in our hand on the injury front again.

If Dumbaya's injured again and it's repetitive I'd pay off his contract now

27 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Assuming both arse cheeks, both Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen aren't operating in same market, I'd have taken Scougall and Allan no questions asked. In an ideal world I'd have found a place for SOD too but barring injuries we're covered at full back. 

I didn't include them as a fit Muzzy > SOD & S.Allan is more a CM to which we have an army of. 

I hope there is substance to the Belgian Jinky rumour rather than MOH though. 

40 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I agree somewhat, but out of all our rivals signings so far, how many would you have taken?

Only person I can think of is Scougall but Saints we're working on that for ages + offered EL. 

Except Celtic, everyone would have taken Keown. 

I'm not comparing our business to any of our rivals - more that I expected us to perhaps have clearer targets in mind given the extra time we had to scout them. The fact that we're not scrambling about to fill eleven jerseys is a good thing but we've known where we have to strengthen for a while and with the season nearly upon us, are still short in key areas.

For what it's worth though, I would have taken SOD back because Dumbuya is unreliable and Christie remains inexperienced as a full back.

23 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I didn't include them as a fit Muzzy > SOD & S.Allan is more a CM to which we have an army of. 

I'd say Jinty fits our transfer MO a lot more. 

47 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Allan is an out and out number 10 which we don't really have, Erskine is closest but different. 

Edit : not that it matters now obviously 

Edited by Fuctifano

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThistleTweet/status/883648563061895169 
Who's the trialist? Where's Keown? Where's Osman?

Keown has only just joined up with the squad so is probably still going through the first steps of our pre-season regime.
Osman is working with the fitness coaches, rehabbing an injury that he had at the end of the season.
And the trialist is Josh Meekings obviously...