The Partick Thistle thread

apparently playing Ayr in a closed doors game just now, currently 3-0 down in the first half. I hope its the development squad that are playing!

Have you any idea who was playing for Thistle?

Only curious because McCall mentioned there was one lad who looked pretty good and he's considering asking Archibald about a loan move. Anybody highly rated in the development squad ?

Thistle haven't mentioned anything about the game so no idea of the team. We've got a few promising boys in the dev squad who had a wee sniff about the first team towards the end of last season, I take it wasn't Kevin Nisbet!

Thistle haven't mentioned anything about the game so no idea of the team. We've got a few promising boys in the dev squad who had a wee sniff about the first team towards the end of last season, I take it wasn't Kevin Nisbet!

The way things ended with him I doubt it. Started pretty well with a goal on his debut but then didn't score again for about 2 months. Seemed to have a bit of quality as he was fairly quick and didn't get pushed off the ball but had zero end product. The first player I've seen for Ayr to miss an open net from about 5 yards out. The fans had enough when he faked an injury to get off the pitch when things weren't going his way. McCall didn't play him after that.

Hopefully this lad whoever he is can offer a bit more if he signs.

I would think it would either be Andy Mccarthy, a holding midfielder wo played in 5 or 6 games at end of season, I think Archie gave him his debut in the 1-1 at Parkhead, looked pretty decent but now we've got Bannigan back fit we have 3 or 4 ahead of him in that position.

Neil Mcglaughlin, an attacking midfielder/striker who has our top scorer in the dev league, looks a good prospect.

James Penrice who is a left back, was on loan at East Fife last season and had good reviews, 

Archie seems to rate them all quite highly, we haven't got the biggest of squads just now and I think he wants to give the young boys a chance pre-season to show their worth so I doubt anyone will be going on loan just yet, although if you guys could do what you did for Banzo for us it would be much appreciated! good luck for next year!

I would think it would either be Andy Mccarthy, a holding midfielder wo played in 5 or 6 games at end of season, I think Archie gave him his debut in the 1-1 at Parkhead, looked pretty decent but now we've got Bannigan back fit we have 3 or 4 ahead of him in that position.
Neil Mcglaughlin, an attacking midfielder/striker who has our top scorer in the dev league, looks a good prospect.
James Penrice who is a left back, was on loan at East Fife last season and had good reviews, 
Archie seems to rate them all quite highly, we haven't got the biggest of squads just now and I think he wants to give the young boys a chance pre-season to show their worth so I doubt anyone will be going on loan just yet, although if you guys could do what you did for Banzo for us it would be much appreciated! good luck for next year!

From that list it might be McGlaughlin as McCall wants another forward.

Always liked Stuart Bannigan and would love to have him back.

If we could some how get Keown back it would be a brilliant signing. He's a better defender than LL. If he had LL's physique then he would be playing for Reading. Can't see it happening though.

Idiot.

On 28/06/2017 at 17:45, jagfox99 said:

Zak Jules has been offloaded to Shrewsbury by the Royals already so I don't see them playing hardball over Keown. The main thing for me does Niall seeing us as a good move for him over the next few seasons?

yeah-baby-gif-joey-friends.gif