The Partick Thistle thread

If Dumbuya ends up leaving later this summer because of any alleged "personal problems", and SOD signs for someone else in the meantime, I'll be gutted. If I was Archie I'd be trying to force Dumbuya's hand to make a decision one way or the other, so we can just go back for SOD if he wants to leave.

Much more keen on getting him back than ATS, as I think Booth will be back to his best with a pre-season behind him and Elliott actually looks better on that side bizarrely. Also Penrice to be added into the mix as well.

5 minutes ago, The Arch said:

If Dumbuya ends up leaving later this summer because of any alleged "personal problems", and SOD signs for someone else in the meantime, I'll be gutted. If I was Archie I'd be trying to force Dumbuya's hand to make a decision one way or the other, so we can just go back for SOD if he wants to leave.

Much more keen on getting him back than ATS, as I think Booth will be back to his best with a pre-season behind him and Elliott actually looks better on that side bizarrely. Also Penrice to be added into the mix as well.

Can't see Dumbuya going anywhere, this summer at least 

He's the best player ever and I will need to be checked in to some sort of mental institution if he signs for Killie.

Start making arrangements mate, according to Kickback, he will be confirmed when he returns from his honeymoon [emoji106]

2 hours ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

Can't see Dumbuya going anywhere, this summer at least 

My concern is that while he can be a great player - as he showed in particular his first 3 months since then he seems to be more and more injury prone.  I'm not convinced we will get a full season from him.  He has played about 30 times for us in 2 years which although more than Gary Fraser is still not a particularly large number of performances

Just echoing what has been said.
SOD was great going forward but don't expect him to defend. I remember him getting shat all over by Obadeyi and O'Halloran more than once.
He should add a lot to Killie's attack unless 2 years playing with hammer-throwing huddies in English League 2 has fucked him.

SOD is one of the biggest confidence-based players I've ever seen. He needs the right type of manager to get the best out of him and you need a midfielder to cover him at times when he rampages up the pitch; but when he's on form, he's a terrific attacking full back.

As much as I wouldn't like to see him pitch up at a rival club, I'd rather we spent our budget improving other areas of the team - unless of course Dumbuya moves on. I think Archie fancies giving Christie a fair crack at full-back and I wouldn't have any issues with that. 

SOD is a good player but I am not convinced he's better than Dumbaya or Booth. Also Penrice has terrific potential and may well in next couple of years be best of the lot.

If he signs for a club back in Scotland I hope he does well but he has flaws such as suspect defending and he can be blamed for poor judgment at times. Attacking he's decent but not sure he's the best we've had.

Archie for the most part has increased the quality of players in the team when needed. Of that I think we can all agree.

7 hours ago, Reid said:

The facebook fan page is full of proper idiots.

Some half wit was suggesting that Thistle fans travel down to Barnsley decked in club colours to support Liam Lindsay.

It really is a bastion of idiocy.

IMG_5129.JPG

Cheers for the feedback guys...
I know we can't expect to sign perfect players, so he should be better than what we have or have had over the last 2-3yrs, at least it will be looked upon as progress and we can't ask anymore than that.
Our manager seems to have the gift of getting the best out of players, especially the youngsters, so confidence shouldn't be an issue from the management side.
One of our guys stays in Luton and posted he goes to watch them regularly. O'Donnell had been in & out of the team since Xmas but anytime he played looked pretty decent.

SOD is a good player but I am not convinced he's better than Dumbaya or Booth. Also Penrice has terrific potential and may well in next couple of years be best of the lot.

You're wrong.

You're wrong.

Fair dos. Entitled to your opinion. I don't think there is a lot in it. He's good and I miss his marauding runs and I think he's a talent I'd be happy to bring back but I don't think he's streets ahead of what we have presently.
We did just have our best season in over 30 years. Quite happy with Booth, Dumbaya, Elliott and the potential of Penrice.

As described very good going forward but not very good as a defender. I'd agree with that.

If he was that stellar he wouldn't be out of contract after leaving a league 2 side. And he certainly wouldn't be mulling over signing for the tractor boys down in Ayrshire.

Our manager seems to have the gift of getting the best out of players

Bit of a strange comment that. He's not even managed 20 games in his managerial career yet. You've absolutely no idea how hell do over a season.