The Partick Thistle thread

If we're going to sell him before next season I hope we sort it as soon as so we can focus on getting his replacement. I don't know if he'd come but I would take Josh Meekings, who is also left sided. Has also previously played with Devine, which helps.

BBC gossip coloumn also has Motherwell putting a £500k tag on Heneghan if Rangers are making a bid.

The Motherwell defence has concded 65 goals this season, we have conceded 42 and thats including having 4 different keepers etc etc

Championship teams are also looking at Lindsay so If Motherwell can get £500k for Heneghan, I would expect double (esp if its a bidding war) with sell on clauses for Lindsay tbh

If we're going to sell him before next season I hope we sort it as soon as so we can focus on getting his replacement. I don't know if he'd come but I would take Josh Meekings, who is also left sided. Has also previously played with Devine, which helps.

Far too sensible I want Efe Ambrose and Gavin Gunning drafted in!

37 minutes ago, cilitbang said:
BBC gossip coloumn also has Motherwell putting a £500k tag on Heneghan if Rangers are making a bid.
The Motherwell defence has concded 65 goals this season, we have conceded 42 and thats including having 4 different keepers etc etc
Championship teams are also looking at Lindsay so If Motherwell can get £500k for Heneghan, I would expect double (esp if its a bidding war) with sell on clauses for Lindsay tbh

We're not going to get £500k for Heneghan though. What we say we want for him and what we actually get (or are offered and willing to accept) are two entirely different things.

We'll be lucky if we get close to half that. We did the same with Johnson, who had 18 months left on his deal, quoted £1m and ended up accepting a combined deal around £650k+ sell on %, which was fine. It's still vaguely hilarious that the Heneghan chat is even a thing tbh.

Either way you're clearly in a much better bargaining position with Lindsay and he's got much more potential.

Edited by capt_oats

I'd be wary of him going to Bolton in honesty, they're denying they are subject to another winding up order having previously got one extended and seem to be in a crisis at boardroom level too.

Ideally I'd want>= £1m for him but if he's not going to sign past his current deal [2018] £750k would be alright I guess, a wrench of course. Unless of course we offer him a deal 'til 2020 or something with a release clause in it.

I think 750k with a 20% sell on clause or something would be a decent bit of business. Although i'd prefer if he didn't go to Bolton as we would probably lose out on the sell on when they inevitably go to shit.

Archie on Swindon rumours-

Of Swindon's reported interest, he said: "There's nothing to report; the club put out a statement saying something similar.
"We just move on and get on with work as normal. I would need to wait and see if there's an approach made.
"There's not been, as far as I'm aware. I'm not going to talk about it unless there's something to speak about."

That sounds to me like he'd consider an offer.

750k and a sell on fee would be decent for Lindsay.
As above I hope it's not Bolton. They seem to bounce between winding up orders.

Really can't see him considering the offer, Shrewsbury Town couldn't sort a deal out and they remain in League 1 and Swindon will now play League 2. That and I wouldn't be surprised if the Weir's have some input into the salary for Archie and Shaggy. 

Some chatter from Swindon Town forum. http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56979.240 seems to start about page 17 if anyone is interested. 

They seem to be taking a few comments on WAT to heart. 

Edited by thistledo

Really can't see him considering the offer, Shrewbury Town couldn't sort a deal out and they remain in League 1 and Swindon will now play League 2. That and I wouldn't be surprised if the Weir's have some input into the salary for Archie and Shaggy. 
Some chatter from Swindon Town forum. http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=56979.240 seems to start about page 17 if anyone is interested. 
They seem to be taking a few comments on WAT to heart. 

The chat on that Swindon thread is as bad as on WAT. I will be really surprised if a relegated L1 'basket case team' as they described themselves will be a pull for Archibald. With a Dir of Football in Sherwood to add to that. Just doesn't seem the right move but money does talk.

Archie is smart. He's basically said 'Show me the money' and slapped the speculation down.

Alex Neil got a move to Norwich. I don't think Archie will be swilling it with the bottom tier. But I have been wrong plenty of time before.

Swindon. What a shithole. [emoji57]

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The dabs seem to think you lot have made Simon Murray an offer which he is considering.

Commiserations.

That rumour surfaced a couple of weeks ago. Not sure how I feel about it.

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Even if he was a prolific striker and hadn't played for Utd I don't think I could accept someone with that face and hair playing for my club.

The dabs seem to think you lot have made Simon Murray an offer which he is considering.
Commiserations.

A bit of a contrast to what we've had up front in quite a while. Puts in a fair bit of effort and can use his pace to good effect. Would be useful in a counter attack sense as well. His presence could make the opposition think about committing players forward (especially at the end of games).
I'd be happy enough to add him to the squad. The main downside would be that Arbroath/ Celtic/ Ross County/ Dundee United fan following him about on our threads...
Hippolyte is the other name we're interested in. I'm not sure if Archie wants one or the other or both?

If we sign him I expect factor 50 chants for him during the winter months.

Archie is quoted in the evening times saying he has offers in for players already (just out of contract players?)

Maybe he is waiting on the Keown and Lindsay situations before making offers to clubs for some targets that will require a fee?

Thought he was shite last season and looked miles out of his depth at this level. Then again, he's young and may well have improved a lot since then. Plus he played for that abomination of a United side, which wouldn't have made anyone look good.

Not a big fan of the move, but how many times have we said that about Archie's signings and been proven wrong?