The Partick Thistle thread

3-2 Motherwell at HT. They're a much bigger and experienced looking team.

Saw a chap on WAT commenting that they wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't quite a gap in average age. Curiously enough there wasn't.

I'm fairly reliably informed that Thistle's average age today was around 18, our outfield average was 18.3 (I've no idea what age our keeper is but I doubt it'd affect things too much).

Was quite interesting as when I was walking out at FT I heard an old boy saying that we were "a much more physical side, a lot of brawn there". There's no doubt it's an aspect our u20s focus on but it seemed really noticeable in a game like today.

FWIW I thought Thistle were pretty unlucky, they'd done well to get themselves back to 3-3 as when they'd chucked a 2 goal lead by half time it looked like their heads had gone.

Thought this might interest you!!!

Post-Match Interview with James Penrice after Saturday's Cup win over Livi!!!

He's doing very well, excellent passer, plays like somebody older and I think that is all down to confidence, he's not afraid to take people on and he links up well with Kevin Smith on the Left!!!

Only a couple of games in and it has to be said he has impressed, the only down side that has been noticed is his fitness, he seems to really tire around the 70 minute mark, our side is renowned as being one of the fittest, if not the fittest Part-Time Team in the Country, so we'll soon get him up to scratch!!!

When you get him back, he'll be all the better for it, again, good player glad we've got him till the end of the season!!!

Syme wasn't quick enough to play full back and perhaps a tad on the small side to play centre half. Looked quite handy in pre-season but playing in the park against a Dunfermline XI was an altogether different experience from getting an absolute roasting at Tannadice. Heard that Raith were/are interested in taking him but I'd say he'd be more comfortable in League 1.

Don't know if anyone clocked this during the game on Saturday but when young McCarthy got taken out with a hard but fair tackle out on the byline, Devine charged in behind to try to get vengeance but the ball had gone out for a throw. Quite liked that. 

Hoping for a signing or two this week. Suspect it's only a matter of time before Keown's loan is announced based on Shaggy's comments last week.

Graeme McGarry in Evening Times saying Keown on loan will be confirmed today. Assume with a view to a permanent move in the summer, though he is under contract at Reading for another year. Lack of first team experience a bit of a worry though we have at least had a good look at him rather than taking a punt.

On 22/01/2017 at 20:54, King Kebab said:

Thought this might interest you!!!

Post-Match Interview with James Penrice after Saturday's Cup win over Livi!!!

He's doing very well, excellent passer, plays like somebody older and I think that is all down to confidence, he's not afraid to take people on and he links up well with Kevin Smith on the Left!!!

Only a couple of games in and it has to be said he has impressed, the only down side that has been noticed is his fitness, he seems to really tire around the 70 minute mark, our side is renowned as being one of the fittest, if not the fittest Part-Time Team in the Country, so we'll soon get him up to scratch!!!

When you get him back, he'll be all the better for it, again, good player glad we've got him till the end of the season!!!

Great to see and brilliant to hear good feedback on the lad

Don't know terribly much about Keown but it would seem we've had a proper look at him and the coaching team think he can do a job - that's good enough for me. Christ, I watched Barton and said he was never a centre half in a month of Sundays so I'm excluded from passing comment. Won't be surprised if, should he sign as expected, Keown starts on Saturday alongside Lindsay with Barton moving into midfield to fill in for Osman's suspension.

Teams are always holding their players until late in January so I'm still expecting some movement before the window closes. Would like another forward option but content enough to go with Dools, Azeez and Nisbet if required.

In the record, off to the Polish Jags. Says Dumbuya being back ahead of schedule has convinced Archie to let Gordon go on a free.

If it frees up a wage for another signing before the end of the window, then great, we don't really need 3 right backs.

Good opportunity for Ziggy. It hasn't particularly worked out for him with us but his professionalism was never in question. I think the last 6 months have probably been a little bit of a reality check for him in some ways, realising that he wasn't quite as sought after as he (or his agent) thought he might have been and then finding himself on the bench. Would ideally have liked to keep him until the end of the season as he is dependable enough but with Dumbuya back fit and Christie capable enough of covering, it's probably best for both parties if he goes to pursue this offer in Poland. Quite classy that we're not seeking a fee, I'd say.

He tried his best, but in reality he just wasn't very good. I was delighted when he signed, as was every other Thistle fan I spoke to, so you can't really criticise Archibald for bringing him here in the first place.

Strong management from Archie once again I'd say. He doesn't f**k about when it comes to shipping out guys he's brought in. Especially seeing as we've been tracking him since we were first promoted.