The Partick Thistle thread

maybe im mad, but i honestly think that if we got another good defensive mid next to osman, an attacking three of lawless, erskine and amoo could work at times.

for games where you're going to have less of the ball you could alternate it with the likes of edwards and elliott.

Edited by Snakebite

maybe confusing me with someone else champ only a couple of times have I been ITK. Only know a couple of sources from the club think there's several on here far more in the know

He's probably confusing you with me. I'm ITK as f**k.

Doesn't surprise me that Lawless has signed for two years rather than one. I remember in the papers he was saying that whereas he previously liked the challenge of one-year deals he was looking for a bit more stability now he has a young family.

We might have been able to do better, but he's decent and I'm glad we're not playing against him next season. He linked-up well with Erskine and Doolan in the promotion season so hopefully they can gel well as a group.

Priority now surely has to be getting two players who can play at centre-back signed-up, ideally one that can also cover right-back.

Beyond that, if we could get another out-and-out striker into the club, and an aggressive midfielder with a decent pass on them to challenge Welsh for a place, that's us pretty much sorted for a match-day squad. I wouldn't be surprised if Pogba moves on in the winter window.

Just now we are looking at:

Cerny

Dumbuya _______ Lindsay Booth

Osman Fraser

Lawless Erskine Amoo

Doolan

Subs: Scully, Penrice, Welsh, Elliott, Edwards, Pogba

Plus whoever's sticking about from the development squad.

If Frans and Millar were to sign-up, that's a clear matchday 18 in place.

Not sure about him tbh.

I'd still really like a good out and out defensive mid to come in next to Osman, even if thats all he offers, cause with the three in front and Doolan thats plenty of creativity and attacking options, and if we can allow them to play then I fancy us big time to cause a lot of bother.

Edited by Snakebite

Fixtures announced for the League Cup.  Two home games on a Saturday, and starting with a trip to Airdrie

Group E

Saturday 16 July
Airdrieonians v Partick Thistle, 3.00pm 
Queen's Park v Queen of the South, 3.00pm 

Tuesday 19 July
Queen of the South v Airdrieonians, 7.45pm 
Stenhousemuir v Queen's Park, 7.30pm 

Saturday 23 July
Airdrieonians v Stenhousemuir, 3.00pm 
Partick Thistle v Queen of the South, 3.00pm

Tuesday 26 July
Queen's Park v Airdrieonians, 7.30pm
Stenhousemuir v Partick Thistle, 7.30pm

Saturday 30 July
Partick Thistle v Queen's Park, 3.00pm 
Queen of the South v Stenhousemuir, 3.00pm

Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-group-stage-fixtures/#TMzgMrU4QJKv7A6o.99

Lawless isn't the type of player who'll make much of a difference between top 6 and bottom 6, but I'm glad he's signed if only to improve the foundation we have to build on over the next two months.

We're still crying out for a quality attacking midfielder who can play either wide or centrally, who can offer a threat through the middle and make late runs into the box. 

Ryan Edwards.

we need a box to box Jackson Irvine type midfielder that will chip in with goals. 

Ryan Edwards.

Cerny

Dumbuya _______ Lindsay Booth

Osman Fraser

Lawless Erskine Amoo

Doolan

Subs: Scully, Penrice, Welsh, Elliott, Edwards, Pogba

Ryan Edwards!!

Surely Edwards is ahead of Fraser in the pecking order. I really think with a full pre season with the squad Edwards is going to be a key man for us next season. 

Surely Edwards is ahead of Fraser in the pecking order. I really think with a full pre season with the squad Edwards is going to be a key man for us next season. 

I think Edwards will have a good season, but he's only looked comfortable to me in the middle of the three behind the striker.

I don't think he's strong enough to play in the role beside Osman. Time will tell.

I think Edwards will have a good season, but he's only looked comfortable to me in the middle of the three behind the striker.

I don't think he's strong enough to play in the role beside Osman. Time will tell.

I would agree with this, but I also think Fraser is very poor in that role, he's hopeless defensively and it encourages him to play too many of his Hollywood passes. I'd only really play Edwards as the front of a 3 man midfield which is where I see his competition with Fraser. At the moment Welsh is the only guy who can play the sitting role with Osman. 

I would agree with this, but I also think Fraser is very poor in that role, he's hopeless defensively and it encourages him to play too many of his Hollywood passes. I'd only really play Edwards as the front of a 3 man midfield which is where I see his competition with Fraser. At the moment Welsh is the only guy who can play the sitting role with Osman.

We'd be much better suited to a 4-3-3 than 4-2-3-1 imo. Osman holding with Edwards providing the energy and Fraser the distribution.